Resilvering priority problem.

Greg_E

Explorer
I am upgrading my pool to larger drives and found an issue, system is a SuperMicro X10 based board, using 8 onboard SATA connections for 8 data drives in the pool. Drives are all matched (or were before I started this upgrade). OS is 11.1-u7. Drives were Seagate Enterprise 1tb going to HGST DC-HC510 10TB drives.

I checked the resilver priority check box, which I thought would limit the speed of resilver during the hours between the noted times. I'm currently getting full speed which is a bit of a performance hit and wondering if there is a way to change this so that resilver during active hours is slower, and full speed outside of those hours. Basically I'm certain I've got something wrong in my config and hoping someone can help/

Through a web search I found this page, and wondering if I need to set this up so that the priority checkbox has something to fall back to. https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/library/sequential-scrub-and-resilver/

My plan now is to again only swap drives on my way out the door at the end of work to save some performance for my users. But I got 2 done this morning and the first last night, so not too many left.

Greg_E

Explorer
Yes it did complete fine, just at full priority which left the system a little slow if a user tried to use any of the shares. 11.1-u7 is the OS. Went from eight 1tb drives to eight 10tb drives and at the end of the last drive the pool size grew as expected. Other than running at full speed, everything seems to have worked out fine.

Since many people are up on 11.2-uX, this may not be anything to spend time looking into. I'll probably ride out 11.1-xx until summer when I have some time and upgrade to current 11.x branch.

This also reminds me that I didn't back up the config on Friday when finished, better get that done now. Changed to dual 10gb cards that are LACP so there were a couple of changes.