Just updated and getting warning P21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher Ward

Contributor
Getting the following error: it was fine when i updated about a week or two ago now i updated today and im getting :

WARNING: Aug. 6, 2016, 9:06 p.m. - Firmware version 20 does not match driver version 21 for /dev/mps0. Please flash controller to P21 IT firmware.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Please see this thread: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/firmware-version-p21.45130/

Summary: somebody who shall remain nameless (except to say that it was Broadcom) updated the driver but did not update the firmware. This breaks with tradition and the way the check for driver and firmware version was coded. There is no version 21 of the firmware, it is only version 20 at this point, which works with driver version 21. So the warning is wrong.

avalon60

Guru
I can confirm that all my data is safe and the LSI Mega 9240-8i SAS SATA LSI00200 8-port Server RAID Controller Card IBM works as usual and without error after updating FreeNAS to 9.10.1.
Data transfer for drives which connected to the card are 600MB/s. This figure was shown in the FreeNAS daily run security output.

Status
Not open for further replies.