HBA lsi 9240 8i flashed to IT 19 getting driver mismatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Given LSI's somewhat... optimistic expectations of cross-compatibility between the various firmware and driver versions, you'll forgive us if we don't jump at the opportunity to endorse these new P20 versions.

That said, the SATA 1.5Gb/s issue could use fixing, but they should just release a damned P21 that is stable and properly tested, instead of a rapid-fire sequence of point point releases - that's just poor software release practice.

It has to be depressing to be at LSI these days, they got bought by Avago and then Borged with Broadcom. It seems quite possible they no longer have as much expertise in-house doing driver development as they once did. Just my theory.

techmattr

Dabbler
Given LSI's somewhat... optimistic expectations of cross-compatibility between the various firmware and driver versions, you'll forgive us if we don't jump at the opportunity to endorse these new P20 versions.

That said, the SATA 1.5Gb/s issue could use fixing, but they should just release a damned P21 that is stable and properly tested, instead of a rapid-fire sequence of point point releases - that's just poor software release practice.

What's the 1.5 issue? Not something I've heard of outside of expander compatibility issues.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What's the 1.5 issue? Not something I've heard of outside of expander compatibility issues.
People have been having trouble getting the controllers to recognize SATA 1.5Gb/s drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.