FreeNAS Forums Change-log

Status
Not open for further replies.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Yeah, but when someone says "Thanks", you end up being notified that they "Liked" it...

I dunno if I am being thanked, liked or both... I am fine either way.

I appreciate all the hard work, just having fun with this now. ;)

upload_2016-8-23_17-12-46.png

upload_2016-8-23_17-13-33.png

wblock

Documentation Engineer
"You are lost in a maze of Xenforo "phrases", all alike."

We will change them as we find them.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Thanks for fixing the Thanks and being able to see who Thanks who.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Thanks for fixing the Thanks and being able to see who Thanks who.
Why were we fixing things that weren't broken, in the first place?

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Because ...someone said that the likes seemed kind of vague and weird, and thanks might be better.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Because ...someone said that the likes seemed kind of vague and weird, and thanks might be better.
"X Likes This Post" seems vague and weird? To someone?

"Hmmm. I wonder what they mean by liking this post!"

Well whatever. Carry on.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Check it out! By popular request we have a member card overlay when you click on a user's profile picture now. It looks like there's some blacked out text. I'll get that fixed up in a jiffy.

Membercards.png

wblock

Documentation Engineer
I admit it, it was me. I asked for this, because it is difficult to PM someone ("start a conversation") without it, and very easy with it.

I was also the one who suggested thanks.

Also, the AMC Gremlin was my idea. And the Zip drive. And lawn darts. And those extendable add-on mirrors that stick out six feet from RV mirrors. I admit it all.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

gpsguy

Thank you very much for requesting this feature.

I'm sure new users will appreciate it too.

I asked for this, because it is difficult to PM someone ("start a conversation") without it, and very easy with it.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I admit it, it was me. I asked for this, because it is difficult to PM someone ("start a conversation") without it, and very easy with it.

I was also the one who suggested thanks.

Also, the AMC Gremlin was my idea. And the Zip drive. And lawn darts. And those extendable add-on mirrors that stick out six feet from RV mirrors. I admit it all.
I like this feature, very nice. But I would not have known about it if I didn't read it here so how does this get promoted to the forum users?

BTW, I miss Lawn Darts.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
I like this feature, very nice. But I would not have known about it if I didn't read it here so how does this get promoted to the forum users?

BTW, I miss Lawn Darts.

My hopes were that new users would read the first post in this thread as it's continually updated, but many may not see it. I suppose if the moderators felt something was important enough we could draft an administrative alert that will alert users on next login.

@Mirfster that's really cool!

gpsguy

I see we have some badges now, on our profiles. Thanks!

upload_2016-8-27_8-48-48.png

Spearfoot

He of the long foot

View attachment 13286
Yes, it's pretty cool.

Also, I noticed that, for a brief time yesterday(?), these badges showed up in our 'basic info' displayed on the lefthand side of our posts. But I suppose @JoshDW19 turned them off because they took up too much real estate.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Yes, it's pretty cool.

Also, I noticed that, for a brief time yesterday(?), these badges showed up in our 'basic info' displayed on the lefthand side of our posts. But I suppose @JoshDW19 turned them off because they took up too much real estate.

Indeed I did turn those off. After a user gets 3 badges it started to look kinda weird. Seemed like too much "bling".

View attachment 13286

You're welcome!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The 1000 like/thanks/expression of appreciation trophy doesn't seem to be working. Nobody with 1000+ posts has gotten it, apparently. At first I thought it might require a new like to be given, at which time the criteria would be checked, but that didn't work either.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
The 1000 like/thanks/expression of appreciation trophy doesn't seem to be working. Nobody with 1000+ posts has gotten it, apparently. At first I thought it might require a new like to be given, at which time the criteria would be checked, but that didn't work either.

Looking into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.