Some Changes for the New Year

wsoteros

o7
Administrator
iXsystems
Hello, TrueNAS community,

We have made some changes to the forums to improve the overall user experience. Specifically, we have added an "Announcements" section to the forum to provide relevant news and new blog posts in one convenient location. Additionally, we have cleaned up the forum structure by sorting the sections A-Z and removing redundant sections in "General Help".

In particular, please note that we have removed the "Operation and Upgrades" forums under "General Help" and have created new sections "Hardware and Upgrades" and "Operation and Performance" to better organize the discussions and make it easier for users to find the information they need. Your posts in either forum that was removed have been migrated to their new counterpart.

We hope these changes will enhance your experience on the TrueNAS forums. Thank you for your support and feedback, we strive to make the user experience even better this year! Cheers!

Sincerely,

Will

To confirm: No threads were deleted in this shuffle, such as those that were posted under a now-extinct category?

Davvo

MVP
While this is a welcomed changed, I still don't know were should I post: in general or in the Core/Scale section?

wsoteros

o7
Administrator
iXsystems
While this is a welcomed changed, I still don't know were should I post: in general or in the Core/Scale section?
Hi Davvo. This is a pre-change to the bigger change that you suggested a few months back. We will be rolling that out soon and completely phasing out general help.

Davvo

MVP
Hi Davvo. This is a pre-change to the bigger change that you suggested a few months back. We will be rolling that out soon and completely phasing out general help.
Thank you for being clear and addressing the issue.