Question for the devs regarding the upcoming 11.1 release and jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Things have been pretty quiet on the information sharing front regarding the 11.1 release. I think it's pretty safe to say with the number of bugs/features listed it's been a lot of work getting to the end with this one keeping everyone busy. I do have a question that I hope a dev like @Kris Moore or @dlavigne or others could comment on.

With the switch from Warden to iocage and the migration script that has been put in place for it will older release migrations be supported or will you have to be on a current version (11) for the migration script to work? I'm currently on 9.10 still and wondering if I should upgrade now and rebuild jails in 11 or just wait for the release of 11.1 as I have been.

Thanks.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Jails-wise, I expect the experience to be similar regardless of version. The only detail is the age-old "jail is older than the OS" thing, which limits what you can do with older jails.

gpsguy

We might know more next week, since there will be a preview of the upcoming 11.1 release at the Ohio Linuxfest /

Yeah, I plan to attend that session.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Jails-wise, I expect the experience to be similar regardless of version. The only detail is the age-old "jail is older than the OS" thing, which limits what you can do with older jails.
True but since the migration script was written specifically for FreeNAS I still wonder how it's implementation is planned. I'm ok with either way but just want to know what the best plan of attack is for those of us running multiple jails.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
From my point of view, if you'll be redoing your jails because of the new OS, it's definitely best to wait for 11.1.

Alecmascot

Guru
Status
Not open for further replies.