FreeNAS 11.1 Delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I don't understand @danb35. Care to clarify?
It's a reference to @diskdiddler's response to my observation that traffic doesn't seem to have changed significantly. Apparently it's only a "tiny handful" of us who think so.

gpsguy, thank you so much for those links and info and the hard work put into that! pdf downloaded and stored.

gpsguy

As I said before, the technical writers at iXsystems - primarily @dlavigne and @wblock, deserve the thanks for maintaining the documentation.

All I do, is run a script to build PDF and ePub versions of the docs and make it available to our users.

gpsguy, thank you so much for those links and info and the hard work put into that! pdf downloaded and stored.

I just checked the roadmap and both the beta and rc1 are gone, with 11.1 due in 13 days. We’re getting close!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
RC1 is said to be out, but I haven't checked.

Greg_E

Explorer
I just started setting up an 11.1rc1 box for testing... Hope the next version is out soon, I'm seeing some HTTP issues but most things seem to work.

Stux

MVP
I just started setting up an 11.1rc1 box for testing... Hope the next version is out soon, I'm seeing some HTTP issues but most things seem to work.

Bugs only get fixed if you report them...

Tim1962

Patron
Idle thought only
As perhaps the only happy Corral user, and now happy 11. user (if somewhat bored by software that just works:smile: ) I'm struck by the seeming lack of apparent support for Corral users in the 11.1 release (as I se it) It seems to basically focussed on getting the core system right (no problem there for me honest)

However have iX counted the dwindling userbase on Corral and decided its not worth the effort? I waited for Docker for a while, tried it on 11 then basically took other roots to stability. Waiting for 11.2 or beyond seemed too much. Anyone know or care to guess where previous Corral users are now?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
According to telemetry, most Corral users quickly moved back to 9.x/11.

Tim1962

Patron
Implied by that, "most", suggests some went elsewhere and a few are still on corral (as evidenced by the occasional posts.) Sounds like they shouldn't hope for much iX effort being dedicated to "transfer scripts" etc. Glad I took the anxious step to migrate to 11. when i did even though Corral was 100% stable during my time with it.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Implied by that, "most", suggests some went elsewhere and a few are still on corral
It's hard to tell, since the telemetry is relatively simple to help mitigate privacy issues. One thing to point out is that this was said something like a month or two after Corralpocalypse, so a significant number of people was still running Corral - I think that's pretty residual by now.

lukyjay

Contributor
If I change release channel for 11.1 BETA can I then change back to master and get off the BETA channel when the final 11.1 is released?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Master is not going to be stable. IIRC, there's an RC train that will become the release version.

danb35

Hall of Famer
IIRC, there's an RC train that will become the release version.
No, the only 11.1 train is 11.1-PRERELEASE. So the only way to do the upgrade is either (1) download the ISO and install it over your existing installation, or (2) switch back to a 11.0 boot environment, then upgrade through the GUI. Of course, if you do #2, you'll lose any config changes since you upgraded to 11.1-RC

Simon Sparks

Explorer
Hi Guys,

I have just switched my test FreeNAS VM to the Nightlies to see the development of a feature ticket that I created back in May and I can't see the feature.

https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/24016

Can anyone else see the feature?

Simon

wblock

Documentation Engineer
The bug report does not show any work having been done on it yet.

Simon Sparks

Explorer
Thats odd there was some details posted to the ticket 23 days ago but it seems to have vanished... I hope it gets added soon, it will be a very useful feature, and all other iSCSI solutions out there can do it.

Greg_E

Explorer
How likely is it that 11.1 is released on December 11, 2017? I have a machine I need to build and have in production by about the middle of January with a little testing needed on some shares and hoping to get 11.1 on this machine. Else I'll be stuck on 11.0 for some length of time.

I've seen the date change a few times, and it looks like most of the bugs have been fixed, so I thought it was worth asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.