FN 11.1 - new jail created - seems to be FreeBSD 11 not 11.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjt5282

Contributor
I migrated a few weeks ago to FN 11.1 from Corral. I migrated off of Docker and back onto jails.
It has for the most part, worked. I had one jail left over from 9.3 (I believe) and it still works, though I created a new jail intending to start fresh.

I have tried to compile something from the ports collection (mrtg), now all the libs and apps complain that my FreeBSD distro is EOL'd (Freebsd11 is EOL). freebsd-version reports 11 not 11.1 (which obviously the core system is running, if I do uname -a it says 11.1 . This is concerning. is there a way to download the jail template for 11.1 and not EOL'd FreeBSD 11 ? Shouldn't this be standard?

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
iirc the jail system is divided at present.

If you use the old standard GUI, the jails are Warden based.

If you use the updated GUI the jails are iocage

This may have changed with a recent update, to be honest I don't
use jails on my FreeNAS machines at the moment.

acp

Explorer
I migrated a few weeks ago to FN 11.1 from Corral. I migrated off of Docker and back onto jails.
It has for the most part, worked. I had one jail left over from 9.3 (I believe) and it still works, though I created a new jail intending to start fresh.

I have tried to compile something from the ports collection (mrtg), now all the libs and apps complain that my Freebsd distro is EOL'd (Freebsd11 is EOL). freebsd-version reports 11 not 11.1 (which obviously the core system is running, if I do uname -a it says 11.1 . This is concerning. is there a way to download the jail template for 11.1 and not EOL'd Freebsd 11 ? Shouldn't this be standard?
11.2 is when the gui will be updated. Here is the full blurb about it.

http://doc.freenas.org/11/jails.html

Scroll to the bottom you will see the iocage commands.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.