warden to iocage not until 11.2 - oh boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

diskdiddler

Wizard
Excellent, thanks Eric.

Heck while I'm here. Any chance of a tutorial on how to write an iocage plugin? Either text or video? I'd really love to learn this one thing, could be great.

I know the document is half written, but I don't think it's published for non developers yet?

SavageAUS

Patron
Is love a tutorial on just how to create an iocage jail properly for something like Plex, with mounted datasets for media.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bollar

Patron

diskdiddler

Wizard
Is love a tutorial on just how to create an iocage jail properly for something like Plex, with mounted datasets for media.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You will find that installing iocage plugins will be just as easy as warden (as far as I'm aware) - there's probably also a dozen guides like this out there.

MAKING the plugins, is meantto be easier now, I'd love to see a guide, so I can (try) and contribute back and start making plugins.

SavageAUS

Patron
Thanks for that but I get.
/tmp/pkg.json does not exist!
Please supply a JSON file with the format:
{
"pkgs": [
"foo",
"bar"
]
}

You will find that installing iocage plugins will be just as easy as warden (as far as I'm aware) - there's probably also a dozen guides like this out there.

I used the plugins in FreeNAS prior to trying to manually install a pkg in a jail.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Thanks for that but I get.
/tmp/pkg.json does not exist!
Please supply a JSON file with the format:
{
"pkgs": [
"foo",
"bar"
]
}

I used the plugins in FreeNAS prior to trying to manually install a pkg in a jail.
You should start your own thread if you want help troubleshooting a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.