FreeNAS 11.1 Delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwck

Patron
Yeah, me too with 11u4, except Chrome never gives me the full web page. Wondering if something is blocking it in an ad blocker. I'm just going to work with 11.0 until the release for 11.1 is out and not worry about being that far ahead. There are some oddities in 11u4 that I know are fixed in 11.1RC1 that will certainly push me to upgrade

If you get half an interface try reloading and clearing your cache ctrl+refresh button on chrome

WrlsFanatic

Dabbler
Sooo coming today or?
This is the first time I've seen them let it go to "x days late". Might be a sign they're close to release!

Greg_E

Explorer
ctrl+R didn't work, nor did shift+f5 or a bunch of other combinations I looked up for each browser. Checked and updated Chrome and still a problem. Since I also have Firefox and it works correctly, I'm just ignoring it for now.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
ctrl+R didn't work, nor did shift+f5 or a bunch of other combinations I looked up for each browser.
Ctrl+F5. Happens to me frequently with Chrome and 9.10

gerry_the_hat

Dabbler
Some feedback from my side to Freenas and it's development:

I'm following FreeNAS development since beginning this year and started to love it from the very beginning. Cool features, nice community and an open ear or two to the users' feedback. You all on iX are rocking things!

What I don't like is the felt slow progress in development and the communication. Let me explain..

During the Corral thing, @Kris Moore (and others if I remember correctly) frequently posted updates and explained decisions in detail. This gave background information why things were decided the one way and not the other. Thought this would continue, but I was disappointed.
Digging in the bug reports and feature requests reveals a lot for sure, however, it's not that convenient when one wants to find out future plans in general. Furthermore, things get postponed quite often without giving a reason (guess it's because of lack of resources..?).

I'd like to suggest to set up a weekly short update of the progress, infos about the blocking things and some kind of a forecast about what's on the list for the next few weeks (sprints). This could be a sticky post in the forum, for instance. Then users feel informed and part of something big going on. One can reply and give very direct feedback, so that you guys on iX coding etc. feel less "alone". To support that a bit, I opened https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/26546 some weeks ago :))

BTW, iX's blog is updated very rarely... So this is consistent, but...

Cheers

Edit: Corrected Names

Last edited by a moderator:

Zwck

Patron
ctrl+R didn't work, nor did shift+f5 or a bunch of other combinations I looked up for each browser. Checked and updated Chrome and still a problem. Since I also have Firefox and it works correctly, I'm just ignoring it for now.

On chrome what you can also try is:

go to the FreeNAS login page, press F12, click on the network tab, and tick disable cache, now when refresh the page it should work, you have to have the network tab open.

Last edited by a moderator:

gpsguy

I believe you have your users mixed up.

@Chris Moore is just an end user, like you and I.

jkh (Jordan Hubbard), former CTO for iXsystems was the guy leading the charge on Corral and providing status updates, etc.

@Kris Moore is the Director of Engineering for iXsystems. He made the announcement of the demise of Corral, but rarely participates on these forums. I occasionally see posts from him on r/freenas (though I rarely visit over there).

Chris Moore (and others if I remember correctly) frequently posted updates and explained decisions in detail.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I believe you have your users mixed up.

@Chris Moore is just an end user, like you and I.
Thanks. Perhaps they will be able to hire me eventually...

Status
Not open for further replies.