Upgraded to 11.1 ... jails upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasayaki

Explorer
Hi all,

So 11.1-RELEASE was pushed today and I upgraded; first thing I did was try out the new GUI, which made me worry because, despite seeing my jails come up, they didn't appear on the Jails list. Further, when I used the old GUI, they were still there, exactly as they were.

Normally I wouldn't complain about things working and being 100% functional (naturally), but my understanding is that Warden is being phased out and all jails are now IOcage. I also was told there would be some kind of upgrade process built into 11.1 when it came out...

Has that been pushed back? Or am I SOL with regard to my jails? I already upgraded to Corral, redid my jails as docker containers, went back to 11 and redid them again as jails... got them all stable and working and fine. I don't want to have to remake them as some other form of jail.

Is the upgrade/migration still planned? What's the story with this?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Has that been pushed back?
The jail upgrade/migration is now planned for 11.2, IIRC. The old GUI will show warden jails; the new GUI will show (and create) iocage jails.

raidflex

Guru
The jail upgrade/migration is now planned for 11.2, IIRC. The old GUI will show warden jails; the new GUI will show (and create) iocage jails.

If I create new jails under the new UI, could upgrades to IOCAGE in the future cause any issues? I am trying to avoid re-creating the jail AGAIN after 11.2 and into the future.

Wim Mistiaen

Dabbler
furthermore, can both jails be installed side by side? Since 11.0 is no longer supported by freebsd ports, i'm in need of an 11.1, but i don't want to upgrade my other 11.0 (warden) jails yet.

But i certainly dont want to break them all

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
They still exist on a separate dataset. I would plan on them being non functional while you rebuild them with iocage jails. They used to work side by side but with the jail manager changing I don't know if that will be the case.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Thinkcat

Dabbler
Is there any estimated time for 11.2, and where should I be asking this?

Status
Not open for further replies.