Is it safe to delete old Jails dataset after upgrading to 11.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothian

Dabbler
I have upgraded from 11.1 to 11.2 and installed a new plug-in for my plex server and migrated everything over to it. I then deleted the old plug-in and all the old jails. Now that I am done, there is still a Jails dataset leftover. Is it safe to delete this (not the one in the new iocage jails)? Oh and should I make all new VMs now that I have upgraded, or are the old ones just fine?

Thanks

D

dlavigne

It is fine either way. If you're sure you'll never need the old jail again and want to free up some space, go ahead and remove it. It also doesn't hurt to stay there if space is not an issue.

Lothian

Dabbler
Thanks dlavigne, although I don't really need the space, I'll delete the dataset just to keep things organized. Thanks for your response.

diskdiddler

Wizard
I would recommend waiting just a month or two. I know it seems nice to have it clean but I found myself wanting acess to mine to re-migrate it over a while back.

Alternatively, be damned sure you have a reliable backup of the jail you migrated.
(I've started exporting my jails, manually, with the export command, to be double sure) - I even wrote a backup script to run once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.