[FreeNAS 9 Plugins] - SAB / SB / CP / HP / Maraschino / HTPC / Mylar / LL / Gamez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
That would be awesome :)
Ok, I built an updated plugin and will upload it to the repo. I read you switch to a fork, of htpc-manager. You have to switch it over again because your /usr/pbi/htpc-manager-amd64/share/htpc-manager directory will be overridden

Also, is htpc-manager no longer maintained? Is the fork you mentioned what people are using now?

rsquared

Explorer
The hellowlol fork adds support for a number of apps (Sonarr was most important to me, but also headphones, mylar, etc.) and seems to be well maintained. The Sonarr support was originally a PR, and after it was ignored for over a month, he started his own fork.

The original seems to only have the occasional bug fix (no new features). It hasn't had a commit since June, and that was a merge of a PR from hellowlol. In fact pretty much every commit in the past 15 months have been PRs, with half coming from hellowlol.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
The hellowlol fork adds support for a number of apps (Sonarr was most important to me, but also headphones, mylar, etc.) and seems to be well maintained. The Sonarr support was originally a PR, and after it was ignored for over a month, he started his own fork.

The original seems to only have the occasional bug fix (no new features). It hasn't had a commit since June, and that was a merge of a PR from hellowlol. In fact pretty much every commit in the past 15 months have been PRs, with half coming from hellowlol.
Ok, maybe when FreeNAS10 is out I'll base the htpc-manager plugin on his fork.

Neznix

Cadet
Ok, I built an updated plugin and will upload it to the repo. I read you switch to a fork, of htpc-manager. You have to switch it over again because your /usr/pbi/htpc-manager-amd64/share/htpc-manager directory will be overridden

Also, is htpc-manager no longer maintained? Is the fork you mentioned what people are using now?
Updated version installed and working like a charm. Thanks for fixing that :)
And like rsquared said, the hellowlol fork seems to be the way to go.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Updated version installed and working like a charm. Thanks for fixing that :)
And like rsquared said, the hellowlol fork seems to be the way to go.
sweet! when we update the plugins for freenas 10 maybe we can switch the plugin over to the "hellowlol" fork

Fredde

Explorer
Hi, i have a strange problem/acting in HTPC-Manager.

When i enable modules and saves them, the website reloads just fine but the modules gets "off" but the plugin/module works? have no errors or nothing and the plugin works but isnt "enabled"? o_O

Im using Hellowlol fork.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi, i have a strange problem/acting in HTPC-Manager.

When i enable modules and saves them, the website reloads just fine but the modules gets "off" but the plugin/module works? have no errors or nothing and the plugin works but isnt "enabled"? o_O

Im using Hellowlol fork.
maybe you could try posting a bug on his github? I don't know if we have that many people familiar with HTPC-Manager

Fredde

Explorer
Okey. I Dont know git hub that very well. So i posted on Kodi/XBMC forums. Maybe i can get some answears over there. And i can reply it here later!

bmcclure937

Contributor
Joshua, love this great effort. I am finally planning to replace my old FreeNAS 0.7.x box with a brand new FreeNAS 9.3.x system and will be looking to create a plugin jail and install these plugins.

Can you please point me to your blog or, even better, the specific blog posts on how to perform these tasks? I know you state you have a blog post on jails and installing these plugins but my Google-Fu must not be working since I cannot find your blog!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Joshua, love this great effort. I am finally planning to replace my old FreeNAS 0.7.x box with a brand new FreeNAS 9.3.x system and will be looking to create a plugin jail and install these plugins.

Can you please point me to your blog or, even better, the specific blog posts on how to perform these tasks? I know you state you have a blog post on jails and installing these plugins but my Google-Fu must not be working since I cannot find your blog!
Google search "jruehlig freenas" and you'll find it for sure. I'd rather not link to it here

bmcclure937

Contributor
Google search "jruehlig freenas" and you'll find it for sure. I'd rather not link to it here

Thanks, I found ya. Now I just need to learn how to create the jails and all that stuff since your instructions do not include those steps.

bmcclure937

Contributor
I better understand your instructions now. It appears that you install the plugin from the Web GUI to automatically create the plugin jail and have these added to the Web GUI. You then upload the additional plugins manually so they are all running from the same jail (as opposed to installing them via WebGUI which would create a new jail for each plugin).

Is this a correct understanding of your approach? I would like to review your video to better understand the process but it seems a tad dated. I am a visual learner so will see what I can learn from that.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I better understand your instructions now. It appears that you install the plugin from the Web GUI to automatically create the plugin jail and have these added to the Web GUI. You then upload the additional plugins manually so they are all running from the same jail (as opposed to installing them via WebGUI which would create a new jail for each plugin).

Is this a correct understanding of your approach? I would like to review your video to better understand the process but it seems a tad dated. I am a visual learner so will see what I can learn from that.
yup that's exactly what I'm doing. my video is out of date and needs to be updated for FreeNAS9.3 but I probably won't do that till sabnzbd v0.8 is out

bmcclure937

Contributor

bmcclure937

Contributor

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

bmcclure937

Contributor
The htpc-manager-autoupdate.9_2 version should already have Hellowlol's fork in it.

Ah, that's what I get for asking questions before I actually install the plugin. My build is finalizing and I was researching for some of my upcoming tasks... thanks for the quick reply, as always.

frozn00

Explorer
I followed your video a while back on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4gm6sCJXQc. This worked great and my system has been working flawlessly ever since. I hadn't updated any plugins I have just let it run on their current versions. I have Sabnzbd, CouchPotato, Plex, and Sickrage following your instructions. My freenas boots off of USB and I take regular whole usb backups if my freenas were to fail as well as config backups. Instead of leaving well enough alone, I updated the Sickrage plugin using the "Update" button under the action column under "Installed" jails. After the update I am receiving:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/tornado/web.py", line 1313, in _execute
result = self.prepare()
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/tornado/web.py", line 2002, in prepare
raise HTTPError(self._status_code)
HTTPError: HTTP 404: Not Found

To try and fix this I have deleted the plugin and installed it back into the same jail as well as trying newer version of the plugins but that is the message that I receive when trying to access the web interface of Sickrage. I was thinking that I had completely broken Sickbeard...due to the fact that I can no longer connect to the web interface. I have Sickrage send me notifications when it downloads something and I got an e-mail last night about something it had downloaded so I guess on the backend Sickrage is still doing its thing but I just can't access the web interface to interact with it. Stopping the service, starting, rebooting the NAS, trying different versions just doesn't work. I thought for sure that deleting the plugin all together that it would delete all the settings that were part of it and I was prepared to go back to your great video and try and see if I could setup Sickrage again from your instructions but I guess it is still has it's settings although I can't interact with it. Is there anything I can do to get the web interface working again so I can use Sickrage? Again, I am shocked it is still working since I have deleted the plugin completely and added it back but it does still indeed work because it sent me notification of a download last night. If you could help me get this back working that would be great.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I followed your video a while back on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4gm6sCJXQc. This worked great and my system has been working flawlessly ever since. I hadn't updated any plugins I have just let it run on their current versions. I have Sabnzbd, CouchPotato, Plex, and Sickrage following your instructions. My freenas boots off of USB and I take regular whole usb backups if my freenas were to fail as well as config backups. Instead of leaving well enough alone, I updated the Sickrage plugin using the "Update" button under the action column under "Installed" jails. After the update I am receiving:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/tornado/web.py", line 1313, in _execute
result = self.prepare()
File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/tornado/web.py", line 2002, in prepare
raise HTTPError(self._status_code)
HTTPError: HTTP 404: Not Found

To try and fix this I have deleted the plugin and installed it back into the same jail as well as trying newer version of the plugins but that is the message that I receive when trying to access the web interface of Sickrage. I was thinking that I had completely broken Sickbeard...due to the fact that I can no longer connect to the web interface. I have Sickrage send me notifications when it downloads something and I got an e-mail last night about something it had downloaded so I guess on the backend Sickrage is still doing its thing but I just can't access the web interface to interact with it. Stopping the service, starting, rebooting the NAS, trying different versions just doesn't work. I thought for sure that deleting the plugin all together that it would delete all the settings that were part of it and I was prepared to go back to your great video and try and see if I could setup Sickrage again from your instructions but I guess it is still has it's settings although I can't interact with it. Is there anything I can do to get the web interface working again so I can use Sickrage? Again, I am shocked it is still working since I have deleted the plugin completely and added it back but it does still indeed work because it sent me notification of a download last night. If you could help me get this back working that would be great.
a few weeks back we switched the sickrage repo we were pulling from. I think in some cases people had to edit files in /var/db/sickrage for the switch to work properly. this isn't freenas specific, I bet if you ask on the new sickrage github they could help track down what you need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.