[Release Thread] SAB / SB / CP / HP / Maraschino / LL / Gamez

Status
Not open for further replies.

flz

Cadet
Thanks for your work on these! Any plans to release them for FreeNAS 9.1?

vzey

Cadet
how do i install this on 9.1 release? I just built a new box and 8.3 doesn't see my network as the driver isn't in it! or how do i take the network driver from 9.1 and put it in 8.3? this is so confusing :(

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

calgarychris

Contributor
...and it doesn't appear as though Sickbeard or CouchPotato are available as official pbi's?

Joshua, any chance you'll be developing these? I don't want to update until I know I can get these working....Nothing like the pressure that only random internet strangers can provide :P But hey, I can be convinced to throw you some more beer money...

Thanks for all your hard work.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
...and it doesn't appear as though Sickbeard or CouchPotato are available as official pbi's?

Joshua, any chance you'll be developing these? I don't want to update until I know I can get these working....Nothing like the pressure that only random internet strangers can provide :p But hey, I can be convinced to throw you some more beer money...

Thanks for all your hard work.

I believe I've answered this multiple times. I will have plugins for all of these. I am just too too busy to work on them currently. I am in escrow for my first home, then I need to get settled / wire the place. Then I'll definitly get working on these (expect 1-2 months).

calgarychris

Contributor
I would also suggest an update on the first page of this thread might help you from having to answer this request multiple times :)

flz

Cadet
I believe I've answered this multiple times. I will have plugins for all of these. I am just too too busy to work on them currently. I am in escrow for my first home, then I need to get settled / wire the place. Then I'll definitly get working on these (expect 1-2 months).

In the meantime, could you put up your scripts/sources up on github so people can give it a try themselves?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
In the meantime, could you put up your scripts/sources up on github so people can give it a try themselves?

I'll try putting them up soon. I use alot of binaries in my source cause I didn't build the pbi from ports. I'll post the init scripts. Then once I can base everything of ports and not packages then the whole source can be posted.

flz

Cadet
I'm a bit late to the PCBSD/FreeNAS game. Is there any reason why there's no ports for (most of) them?

garfunkel

Dabbler
Good work, seems to work well, I haven't tried downloading anything yet, but I see no reason why that could cause issues.

The only thing I noticed was that the jail it created is called "customplugin_1", instead of "sabnzbd_1" or something like that, don't know if that's a freenas thing that we can't change, or if it's a configuration setting in the PBI.

garfunkel

Dabbler
I wanted to make a pbi for nginx. Is there anything you had to do in your jail to build the PBI? I set up the ports tree and had to install a package called aria2 or pbi_makeport it complained about not being able to download files. But even after that it seems like it wants some files in /usr/local/share/pcbsd/conf but that directory doesn't exist in my jail. :(

Master Gollom

Dabbler
@Garfunkel: For sickbeard, couchpotato and the other ones there is no port, so this would be a bit different to create. I'm going to check that out, and i'll try to create theses aswell in the next days/weeks. I should be faster now, since I've build one working pbi now :)
I think the name "customplugin_1" comes from FreeNAS since FreeNAS creates the jail when installing the PBI and I've have not done anything to configure the jail creation.
For your nginx pbi, take a look at my post-install.sh in the scripts directory, for sabnzbd I had to install cheetah and some other things to get sabnzbd running.

@flz: The wiki says
Once you are satisfied with the PBI, update the PBI Requests page and create a forum post so that other FreeNAS® users can test the PBI. Once the PBI is well tested, it can be added to the PBI repository

but I don't know how to add it do the repository, first of all I'm gonna update the PBI Request page.

Oh and most importantly, I want to thank Joshua for his PBIs, they helped a lot and I re-used a lot of code from his work to get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.