[Support Thread] SAB / SB / CP / HP / Maraschino / LL / Gamez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So I rebooted my FreeNAS box tonight and now my jail won't start. When I try to start the Plugins service it won't start and I see this in the logs.

Code:
Jun 27 23:20:52 nibbler notifier: Will not 'start' jail because jail_enable is NO.
Jun 27 23:20:52 nibbler ix-jail: Could not determine jail id (not running?)
Jun 27 23:20:53 nibbler notifier: Will not 'stop' jail because jail_enable is NO.

This problem doesn't sound specific to my plugins. You should make sure your plugins service (jail) starts and is enabled.

Wolfeman0101

Patron
This problem doesn't sound specific to my plugins. You should make sure your plugins service (jail) starts and is enabled.
I ended up having to rebuild and I luckily had a backup from a few months ago so I didn't have to start completely over but it sucked.

Is there a script I can run to backup all my settings nightly?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you could just do a nightly zfs snapshot of your jail's dataset and just restore your data directories from the snapshot if something goes wrong. There might be some problems cause the daemon is still running, so you could write a quick script that shuts the program(s) down, snapshots the dataset, then restarts the programs.

Thomas

Dabbler
Hi,

I've been trying to get these plugins working for a while now, but I'm kinda stuck. I used this guide: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...-SABnzbd-Sickbeard-and-Headphones-Setup-Guide on my FreeNAS 8.3.1 x64 installation.

Whenever I have uploaded one of your Plugin PBIs I can't get them to work. SABNZBd doesn't start: It fails with the message: "Some error occured". The other plugins do start, but I can't access them on the IP and port.

I have no idea where to look for the problem, so any help would be appreciated. I also notices that I don't have a 'Jails' button at the top of the webpage, as many tutorial suggest I should have. So maybe it is a Jail error?

Thanks a bunch!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi,

I've been trying to get these plugins working for a while now, but I'm kinda stuck. I used this guide: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...-SABnzbd-Sickbeard-and-Headphones-Setup-Guide on my FreeNAS 8.3.1 x64 installation.

Whenever I have uploaded one of your Plugin PBIs I can't get them to work. SABNZBd doesn't start: It fails with the message: "Some error occured". The other plugins do start, but I can't access them on the IP and port.

I have no idea where to look for the problem, so any help would be appreciated. I also notices that I don't have a 'Jails' button at the top of the webpage, as many tutorial suggest I should have. So maybe it is a Jail error?

Thanks a bunch!

Is your plugins jail running?
If so, can you run 'service sabnzbd onestart' on the plugin jail's commandline.

Thomas

Dabbler
Is your plugins jail running?
If so, can you run 'service sabnzbd onestart' on the plugin jail's commandline.
Hey,

Thanks for your response! It kinda solved my problem, as in: it WORKS now, and your comment put me on the right track! I went to look into the jail and found that it was indeed running, even Sabnzbd was running but I couldn't ping the jail or ping from the jail. So it must be a network problem. So while browsing through the wiki about configurating I stumbled upon a sentence of about 10 words which stated that if you use VMware, you have to put the vSwitch in Promiscuous-mode. I did that and now everything seems to work!

Thanks again.

sessus

Dabbler
Hey,

any chance someone could update the links in the FAQ section? Seems like the move the this new and improved XenForo has broken them.

DejaVu

Cadet
Here's one I don't think that's been answered...

Can I install 2 instances of the same pbi in order to configure the other to run on a different port? IE, CP on 5050 and 5000.
I've tried, by renaming the file, but it still installed over the top of the old one (wiping out my Wanted DB - I might add! :D)

Possible?

--edit
Plus, because of the serious update from CP I reckon it would be a good idea to update the pbi. I'm having alsorts of problems getting it to work correctly.
Spinning icon all the time... I reckon it's permissions, but can't see how, it'll also just 'simply work' out of the box again.

kasper_flip

Cadet
Hey guys, epic help request coming in, but after having my NAS running for a few months there are a heap of niggling problems that I wanna get fixed, and I’ve read and searched everywhere but can never find definitive answers on what I need to do. A friend of mine did a few 'fixes' a while ago, though I'm not sure what he did cos they didn't seem to have any effect. This is my first experience with FreeBSD/Unix-style commands, and I find a lot of the help topics assume a level of familiarity/knowledge which I just don’t possess, so I’m hoping that laying all this out in one big post will allow people to get an overview of my system and help them suggest fixes.

My initial setup followed this guide:
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...-SABnzbd-Sickbeard-and-Headphones-Setup-Guide
plus a few other sources

So here are my current problems:

Sickbeard
As I previously posted, I get a lot of error messages saying that SB cannot connect to TVDB, Caesar helped me troubleshoot things and I found I can ping and download files off the TVDB from within my jail, he recommended I post on SB forums, but I can’t help but think that these errors might be related to the rest of my problems (permissions maybe?)
Is there an update available, and how do I update? SB says im running alpha (master) – source. The links to how to update plugins seem confusing or wrong, and seem to conflict?

Couchpotato
I want to update CP using tarball, when I try to update inside CP it resets but nothing happens. Or otherwise if updating to a new plugin will fix that i’m happy to reinstall the plugin, though I’d want to backup my library file first.
CP renamer doesn’t seem to work, and movies are left in their (unmodified) folders. The files are getting moved from SAB’s complete folder, but CP isn’t renaming them, and it seems to have trouble detecting which movies are complete

SABNZBD
I’m getting the following error: ERROR: Cannot change permissions of /SABNZBD/Incomplete. Reading a thread on here, Caesar recommended setting SAB download permissions as 777, which I had already done from the start, so I’m guessing its my general storage permissions that are at fault here. I tried chowning the folder with 777 permissions and that didn’t fix it either.
SAB says an update available but not sure how to update? Again, the instructions seem confusing/conflicting.

In general I think my permissions/users/etc need fixing, cos whenever I read info posted by Joshua it seems I have a different setup. If there's anything I can modify that will make things easier, I'm all ears.

Unrelated to plugins, but people might be able to help:
Hoping to set up a backup system using rsync (or other system, I'm hoping rsync is easiest cos it uses Unix permissions, getting Synctoy/Windows Backup to work was impossible), any recommendations on a Windows rsync program?
Synctoy
I’m trying to set up automated backups from my Windows 7 machine onto my NAS using Synctoy 2.1, but whenever I try to backup files from my windows PC to my FreeNAS, every file fails (though it seems to create the folders, they are just empty) and I get the following error:
Error: Unknown error. Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
Googling suggested a few fixes, some of which suggested problems on the PC side and some on the NAS side. Here’s what I tried (based on help topics)
-Changing owner of original folder (the one to be backed up) to Administrator
-Creating a user on the NAS with same username & password as my Windows 7 user
-Changing permissions of my NAS storage volume, which I think caused the SAB error above
Any ideas on what I need to do on the NAS to allow backups onto it? Destination folder will be /mnt/Storage/Backups

Info on my current setup:
Plugins
jail path: /mnt/Storage/jail
Jail name: Software
Jail IP: 192.168.1.10
Jail IP Netmask: /24

Sickbeard 1.1
Sabnzbd 1.1
Couchpotato 1.1
Mount points:
Source: /mnt/Storage/TVShows
Destination: /mnt/Storage/jail/Software/TVShows

Source: /mnt/Storage/Movies
Destination: /mnt/Storage/jail/Software/Movies

Source: /mnt/Storage/SABNZBD
Destination: /mnt/Storage/jail/Software/SABNZBD

Account
- Groups
adam
(no members, not sure why my friend created this)
-Users
adam
primary group ID: adam
home directory: /nonexistent
home directory mode: Owner R/W/E, Group R/E, Other R/E

primary group ID: guest
/nonexistent
home directory mode: Owner R/W/E, Group R/E, Other R/E

Storage
-Volumes
/mnt/Storage
Owner (user): nobody
Owner (group): nogroup
Mode: R/W/E on all
ACL: Unix

/mnt/Storage/jail

/mnt/Storage/software

Sharing
CIFS Shares:
Storage
path: /mnt/Storage
Browsable to Network Clients: Yes
Allow Guest Access: Yes
Only Allow Guest Access: Yes

Services:
-CIFS
Authentication Model: Anonymous
NetBIOS name: freenas
Workgroup: WORKGROUP
Description: FreeNAS Server
Guest Account: guest
Allow Empty Password: Yes
Enable Home Directories: Yes
Enable Home Directories Browsing: No
Unix Extensions: Yes

Folder Structure:
Just in case anyone wanted to know, this is my folder structure:

Storage -> jail -> Software
|-> Movies
|-> SABNZBD -> Complete
| |-> Incomplete
| |-> Watch (this doesnt get used)
|-> software -> pbi -> couchpotato-amd64
| |-> sabnzbd-amd64
| |-> sickbeard-amd64
|-> TVShows -> 30 Rock (etc)

Any help will be greatly appreciated, and will earn my undying love and devotion. I love tinkering with stuff like this but I think I'm somewhat out of my depth.

Thomas

Dabbler
Soo... I haven't touched my setup in a while since I got it 'working'. Unfortunatly it still doesn't work. When Couchpotato, Sickbeard, Headphones e.a. want to download something they fail. Couchpoatato give an error: "Tried to download, but none of the downloaders are enabled". I DO have Sabnzbd enabled and double-check this in the config file. I tried changing the address and API key, as well as other settings, but to no avail. Anyone who can shed some light on this?

sessus

Dabbler
Soo... I haven't touched my setup in a while since I got it 'working'. Unfortunatly it still doesn't work. When Couchpotato, Sickbeard, Headphones e.a. want to download something they fail. Couchpoatato give an error: "Tried to download, but none of the downloaders are enabled". I DO have Sabnzbd enabled and double-check this in the config file. I tried changing the address and API key, as well as other settings, but to no avail. Anyone who can shed some light on this?

Sounds like one of your downloaders is not setup properly or not working. See here: http://bit.ly/1374VNk

kasper_flip

Cadet
sessus, your directions for updating the programs is excellent, helped solve a few questions in my above post :)

sessus

Dabbler
sessus, your directions for updating the programs is excellent, helped solve a few questions in my above post :)

No worries. It is all very overwhelming. I had a quick look at your post:
- SABnzbd: I don't think you can change the chmod of the incomplete folder if you have a non-empty queue which could be the case for you.
- CP: You could delete all movie entries and re-import, maybe that could fix it. Also try setting the CHMOD in Settings > General > Advanced

kasper_flip

Cadet
No worries. It is all very overwhelming. I had a quick look at your post:
- SABnzbd: I don't think you can change the chmod of the incomplete folder if you have a non-empty queue which could be the case for you.
- CP: You could delete all movie entries and re-import, maybe that could fix it. Also try setting the CHMOD in Settings > General > Advanced

Earlier I chowned the SAB Incomplete folder to 40001 which seemed to fix that error, it hasn't shown up since. Did the same to my CP folders and renamer seems to be working now - excellent!
User ID 40001 seems to be the user that CP etc runs at, am I able to create a 'media' user with that ID, so my setup is a bit neater and matches your guide? From what I read creating a user will just link that ID with the username, so it shouldn't cause any problems, should it?

sessus

Dabbler
User ID 40001 seems to be the user that CP etc runs at, am I able to create a 'media' user with that ID, so my setup is a bit neater and matches your guide? From what I read creating a user will just link that ID with the username, so it shouldn't cause any problems, should it?

This is how I understand it: All of the Joshua's plugins use the media user (ID 40001) in the jail. This remains when you access those files in freenas or the services such as CIFS. Creating the media user in freenas with an identical ID just ensures you have a user name for that 40001 ID.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
This is how I understand it: All of the Joshua's plugins use the media user (ID 40001) in the jail. This remains when you access those files in freenas or the services such as CIFS. Creating the media user in freenas with an identical ID just ensures you have a user name for that 40001 ID.
Don't count on the media user's UID being 4001 though. that is beacuse of the way I create the user, and it could be 400X depending if you make more jail users. The correct way to create a user is to have it use a static UID, which I'll hopefully be able to implement when I rebase these plugins off ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.