[FreeNAS 9 Plugins] - SAB / SB / CP / HP / Maraschino / HTPC / Mylar / LL / Gamez

Status
Not open for further replies.

auskento

Dabbler
I used the SAB installer from the Appcafe / Plugins.
Can i use this one to update? (it's been stuck at 0.7.14 for a while :P)

If not any recommendations on implementing this without having to redo my config / queue?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I used the SAB installer from the Appcafe / Plugins.
Can i use this one to update? (it's been stuck at 0.7.14 for a while :p)

If not any recommendations on implementing this without having to redo my config / queue?

I haven't looked at the folder structure of that version but you just need to find the folder with the config + database files in it. You just want to back that up, install the newer version of sab, and restore the contents to /usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/etc/sabnzbd. You might also need to rename the sabnzbd.ini file to config.ini. Then make sure everything has the owner of 'media'..
chown -R media:media /usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/etc/sabnzbd

From now on you can just update to the latest sabnzbd with..
service sabnzbd update

I may occasionally update the sabnzbd plugin but don't forsee that happening till version 8.X (to include 7z support).

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Joshua, or anyone on here.
Do you know if these plugins work with 9.2 beta?

I assume it should. Compiled binaries will usually run on different versions of the same major release. But I haven't checked if the FreeNAS plugin format has changed at all.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So before I upgrade to 9 should I backup all my settings? How do I migrate everything over?

Backup your current /usr/pbi/plugin-amd64/data folders.
Upgrade FreeNAS, zfs versions (optional).
Reinstall 9.X version of my plugins, I prefer to keep everything in the same plugins jail.
Restore contents of your 'data/' folders to /usr/pbi/plugin-amd64/etc/plugin
set owner of etc directory to 'media' in the jail, UID 816

Wolfeman0101

Patron
Backup your current /usr/pbi/plugin-amd64/data folders.
Upgrade FreeNAS, zfs versions (optional).
Reinstall 9.X version of my plugins, I prefer to keep everything in the same plugins jail.
Restore contents of your 'data/' folders to /usr/pbi/plugin-amd64/etc/plugin
set owner of etc directory to 'media' in the jail, UID 816

Sweet I figured that was the plan since I've had to backup and restore before but I didn't know the chown part. So it would be
Code:
chown -R media ./etc

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
yeah, 'chown -R media:media ./etc' for extra points, lol

Savell Martin

Contributor
Hey Joshua,

I know you are uber busy, but an installation/configuration guide would be amazing and would help a lot of first timers.

For me I have a spare drive that I will use as my download drive, and then move to my main raid volume, but I have no idea how to get it all linking up.
And with permissions or anything?!

I went to jails and made it install to the spare drive, and then uploaded all your pbi's and they look like they created jails for each (I could be wrong).
And above you say you prefer having them all in the same jail... Stuff like this would really help me out if you got some time :)

Thanks for all the good work.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hey Joshua,

I know you are uber busy, but an installation/configuration guide would be amazing and would help a lot of first timers.

For me I have a spare drive that I will use as my download drive, and then move to my main raid volume, but I have no idea how to get it all linking up.
And with permissions or anything?!

I went to jails and made it install to the spare drive, and then uploaded all your pbi's and they look like they created jails for each (I could be wrong).
And above you say you prefer having them all in the same jail... Stuff like this would really help me out if you got some time :)

Thanks for all the good work.

Should be done by the end of the year. I'm waiting on https://github.com/clinton-hall/nzbToMedia to update to v8.6 which does all the linking.

Savell Martin

Contributor
Looks interesting, and I can see the benefit for lower powered NAS devices.
But FreeNAS requires some pretty big resources on its own, so surely we shouldn't *NEED* this?

Or can you help me with my setup so that I can start using it now :D

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Looks interesting, and I can see the benefit for lower powered NAS devices.
But FreeNAS requires some pretty big resources on its own, so surely we shouldn't *NEED* this?

Or can you help me with my setup so that I can start using it now :D
I use it cause it processes stuff immediately for couchpotato instead of scanning. also it has failed support for sickbeard so sickbeard pretty much manages itself when something fails.

v8.6 should support torrents better with transmission and sickbeard. I want to make sure to test this and document everything according to the new version.

raidflex

Guru
Any eta on when the plugins will be in the app cafe? I plan to switch to your plugins completely, but waiting for them to be named according to the plugin instead of customplugin.

toddos

Contributor
Any eta on when the plugins will be in the app cafe? I plan to switch to your plugins completely, but waiting for them to be named according to the plugin instead of customplugin.

Just manually create your own plugin jail with whatever name you want and add them that way. No reason to wait from them to show up in app cafe before you install.

raidflex

Guru
Just manually create your own plugin jail with whatever name you want and add them that way. No reason to wait from them to show up in app cafe before you install.

I did not realize that they would get named properly by manually installing them. I actually have my plugins setup that way now anyways, so not a problem. I could leave mine the way they are, but I really like having a very clean setup/folder structure.

Wolfeman0101

Patron
Got migrated over tonight. My SABnzbd service status always shows "OFF" even when it's running. The other 2 (CP & SB) work fine. Any idea how to fix that?

Also, if I'm going to run Plex should I create a separate jail? I put SAB, SB, CP all in the same jail but should Plex be in it's own? Is there a good step-by-step for Plex?

Status
Not open for further replies.