[FreeNAS 9 Plugins] - SAB / SB / CP / HP / Maraschino / HTPC / Mylar / LL / Gamez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Does the images on Sickbeard's Coming Episodes work for anyone?

If I try to load one of the images, I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 2883, in showPoster
im = im.resize(size, Image.ANTIALIAS)
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 1290, in resize
self.load()
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 164, in load
self.load_prepare()
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 231, in load_prepare
self.im = Image.core.new(self.mode, self.size)
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 37, in __getattr__
raise ImportError("The _imaging C module is not installed")
ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed
forgot to link libjpeg. I'll have a fixed download tonight.

if you want you can just run
Code:
ln -s /usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/lib/libjpeg.so.11 /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so.11

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Does the images on Sickbeard's Coming Episodes work for anyone?

If I try to load one of the images, I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/share/sickbeard/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 2883, in showPoster
im = im.resize(size, Image.ANTIALIAS)
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 1290, in resize
self.load()
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 164, in load
self.load_prepare()
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 231, in load_prepare
self.im = Image.core.new(self.mode, self.size)
File "/usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 37, in __getattr__
raise ImportError("The _imaging C module is not installed")
ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed

I just uploaded v1.2 of SickBeard. The image rendering should be fixed but I'm not able to test right now.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Just tried to install from the files included in the first post. Neither sickbeard or couchpotato have the acutal programs included it seems. I just get '/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py' no such file or directory. The same respective error for Sickbeard.

Directory doesn't exist even. Am I missing something???

The pbi's for sickbeard and couchpotato worked perfectly for me. Couchpotato's md5sum is 8d6fed7f922ad64332b13dea397dffa5

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I uploaded a PBI for Headphones. If someone could test to see if transcoding with ffmpeg works that would be very helpful.

Savell Martin

Contributor
Hey Joshua,

What is the difference between yours and Master Gollums?
I know your SAB is newer, but are there any fundamental differences?
Will you also get yours merged into the AppCafe at some point?

ClayM

Explorer
Is there a way to switch the branch/fork of something, even from the command line?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hey Joshua,

What is the difference between yours and Master Gollums?
I know your SAB is newer, but are there any fundamental differences?
Will you also get yours merged into the AppCafe at some point?

I haven't looked at his closely. I know mine are built using the ports I wrote, not sure where his source came from. Also, mine all use the 'media' user, UID/GID 816.
Sab - I included update code in the init file so you can update sab without installing a new PBI
Sick - Included Python Imaging Library for more efficient image conversion.

I made a request to be put on AppCafe but I think they may be abandoning it for a different website soon.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Is there a way to switch the branch/fork of something, even from the command line?

Yeah, you can do this. I'll cover this in my tutorial soon hopefully.

ClayM

Explorer
The reason I ask is because the mylar master branch is very broken ;)

Using the development branch is the only way to actually use it.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
The reason I ask is because the mylar master branch is very broken ;)

Using the development branch is the only way to actually use it.

I see, crap. Hope mylar and lazylibrarian get their master branches stable and working.

toddos

Contributor
I see, crap. Hope mylar and lazylibrarian get their master branches stable and working.

The Mylar dev branch is really quite stable. I'd recommend using that as your base rather than the master branch that only gets integrated very rarely.

tmacka88

Patron
Plugin Update Instructions
* Program config & database files are stored in your plugin jail's '/usr/pbi/plugin-arch/etc/plugin' directory. Backup this directory before updating.

Hi,

With regard to this, I might just delve into a little more details for noobs like me as it was slightly different for me.

1. I updated from an older SABnzbd where the setting file was called "config.ini" so for of all, you will need to rename your to "sabnzbd.ini" if it is not already.

2. If you know the location of your settings file (sabnzbd.ini) then skip to next step.
Open SABnzbd (if setup wizard is run just enter in the minimal fields to gain access) - Navigate to "http://192.168.2.143:8080/config/" on this page you will see where the location of your config file.

Code:
/usr/pbi/sabnzbdplus-amd64/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini

Screenshot 2013-11-24 19.22.34.png

Joshua Parker Ruehlig might correect me here, but this should be the location for everyone unless this location moves in the future or you are running an older version. Current of 24 Nov ver 0.7.14.

3. Setting permissions - using shell in the FreeNAS GUI or SSH as root run:

Code:
chmod -R 777 /mnt/your_volume_name/your_jails_name_(usually "jails")/your_plugin_name/usr/pbi/sabnzbdplus-amd64/sabnzbd/

Again Joshua Parker Ruehli please correct me if I am wrong if this doesn't work with other plugins (SB, CP etc).

for e.g. mine looks like this for SABnzbd:

Code:
chmod -R 777 /mnt/Volume4/jails/sabnzbd_1/usr/pbi/sabnzbdplus-amd64/sabnzbd/

4. Navigate to this folder and place the "sabnzbd.ini" file into it.

5. Restart plugin

Done.

Please forgive me if I made a mistake or I pointed out the obvious to you. NOOBS like me need help sometimes and thought this would help others...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks for trying to help others out.

1/2) Yeah, I'm gonna keep everything consistent from now on with regards to config location. /usr/pbi/plugin-arch/etc/plugin/config.ini
3/4) I DO NOT recommend setting permissions that way. Follow the below steps (feel free tom make these instructions more NOOB friendly.

- Restore entire data directory, not just config file to /usr/pbi/plugin-arch/etc/plugin/
When I mention paths I usually mean in context to the jail your plugin(s) are in.
- Set permissions from within the jail so you can use users, not just read/write/execute levels
chown -R media:media /usr/pbi/plugin-arch/etc/plugin/

Hi,

With regard to this, I might just delve into a little more details for noobs like me as it was slightly different for me.

1. I updated from an older SABnzbd where the setting file was called "config.ini" so for of all, you will need to rename your to "sabnzbd.ini" if it is not already.

2. If you know the location of your settings file (sabnzbd.ini) then skip to next step.
Open SABnzbd (if setup wizard is run just enter in the minimal fields to gain access) - Navigate to "http://192.168.2.143:8080/config/" on this page you will see where the location of your config file.

Code:
/usr/pbi/sabnzbdplus-amd64/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini

View attachment 3096

Joshua Parker Ruehlig might correect me here, but this should be the location for everyone unless this location moves in the future or you are running an older version. Current of 24 Nov ver 0.7.14.

3. Setting permissions - using shell in the FreeNAS GUI or SSH as root run:

Code:
chmod -R 777 /mnt/your_volume_name/your_jails_name_(usually "jails")/your_plugin_name/usr/pbi/sabnzbdplus-amd64/sabnzbd/

Again Joshua Parker Ruehli please correct me if I am wrong if this doesn't work with other plugins (SB, CP etc).

for e.g. mine looks like this for SABnzbd:

Code:
chmod -R 777 /mnt/Volume4/jails/sabnzbd_1/usr/pbi/sabnzbdplus-amd64/sabnzbd/

4. Navigate to this folder and place the "sabnzbd.ini" file into it.

5. Restart plugin

Done.

Please forgive me if I made a mistake or I pointed out the obvious to you. NOOBS like me need help sometimes and thought this would help others...

nobodyspecial

Dabbler
Can someone hold my hand through this and talk to me like I'm a five year old? But seriously...

I'm new to FreeNAS but competent enough in basic Unix to have gotten it installed without any issues at all. I originally installed the Sabnzbd plugin that gets listed under the Plugins directory and it installs fine but when I go to the plugin URL (yes, it's the jail's IP), it doesn't respond. Connection times out in the browser. I can ping the jail's IP and it returns packets so the network interface is up (and yes, I've configured it correctly earlier).

So, I gave up on that route and now I'm here liking the idea of all my plugins in one jail and one IP address, so I install Sab from here and get the same thing. I've tried looking for tutorials on the web but 9.1 has moved everything around from previous versions of FreeNAS used in those tutorials, so they're virtually useless to me.

I don't really need my hand held here, but can anyone get me pointed int he right direction with debugging what is wrong here? I'm hoping someone else got hung here and its an easy fix. I should also note that I just installed Couch Potato as well and it doesn't respond on the jail's IP either, so I'm feeling like this might not be a plugin issue but something at the jail level or higher.

Thanks!

nobodyspecial

Dabbler
And, of course, as soon as I post this I get it figured out. I use static addresses in my network so I had DHCP turned off. Turned DHCP on at the NIC and what do you know... it works now so disregard. I'll leave the post for the next guy who runs into this issue. Now I'll jump back into the docs to figure out why DHCP is a requirement.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread....

cyberjock

Inactive Account
More than likely you didn't setup all of the appropriate settings in the network config for the system to work without the automated DHCP. We joke that you "failed networking-101" if enabling DHCP fixes your issues. It happens far more frequently than you might think too.

nobodyspecial

Dabbler
I'm definitely not ruling out an ID10T error on this side. I'm not working with much on this end. ;-)

Happy to report that after an hour of fiddling, I have figured out jail storage, permissions, and the overall lay of the land as to what Joshua is doing here with these plugins. Sab is working perfectly! Thanks Joshua!

Now to add some of these other plugins and see if I can get the whole thing working together...

Status
Not open for further replies.