error 5, Unretryable

taylordude

Explorer
Can i replace both at same time or replace one power up let it build the replace 2nd dri e?

taylordude

Explorer
Well that sux. Guess I am starting over, pool has disappeared as well as my shares. Shows all disk are okay but no pools..

Davvo

MVP
Try zpool import.
If you switched out the drive with the OS you will need to reconfigure your shares or import a config backup.

taylordude

Explorer
1671649786282.png

taylordude

Explorer
The previous person that was helping told me I had two failed disk da0 and da1. He told me to replace da0 first which is what I did. I have not replaced da1 yet

Davvo

MVP
Try zpool import -f
Edit: are you sure you followed the guide and replaced the drive the proper way?

Last edited:

Davvo

MVP
Look at the thread I followed what the gentlemen said to do..
I am trying to, but it's a mess with all the screenshots. Especially when I am trying to check the drives.
Please use putty so you can paste the code using appropriate tags.
The issue seem to be that you replaced the wrong disk (da1 instead of da0, where da0 is 20decc3f): you replaced a barely working disk and not the dead one, and since the pool is a raidz1 it can't be imported in this condition.
I don't know if this is recoverable at this point, but you can try putting back the disk that worked and see if the pool imports that way.

taylordude

Explorer
I was told to replace da0. which is what I replaced. The SN was in the screen shot

Attachments

• Da0.png
    Da0.png
    418.3 KB · Views: 64

taylordude

Explorer
the drive in the screen shot is the one I replaced. I was also going to replace da1 as well but he said do da0 first

taylordude

Explorer
If the data is lost its lost, like I said in the thread this is my backup I use in DFS so I still have all my data. Might be easier just to replace the other disk too and start over.. ugh

Davvo

MVP
Yes, it appears that you replaced the right drive. Sorry for this, but having to walz around pages of the thread looking at screenshots does not help.
If the data is lost its lost, like I said in the thread this is my backup I use in DFS so I still have all my data. Might be easier just to replace the other disk too and start over.. ugh
Well, if you have all your data you should just destroy the pool, replace the dead drive and then recreate the pool (consider going raidz2).
Also make sure to set proper smart test scheduling (as well as scrub) and check those results with regularity, especially if you use raidz1!

Also, for all that's computing please use something that makes you able to copy paste the outputs of the commands (like putty). That's a plea I do on behalf of the community to everyone who ask for help.

taylordude

Explorer
I need minimum 4tb so not sure I would have enough space doing raid2.. More troubling is 2 enterprise black WD HDs failing within a few minutes of each other.. Its like winning the lottery