error 5, Unretryable

I would say fix this system first then think about if you want to start again or not. Neither screenshot you have sent are great I could do with seeing the whole output of zpool status SW-ADMIN including READ WRITE CKSUM

Lets look then

taylordude

Explorer
Okay it says it resilvering but still in degraded state. I will prepare to replace these disk. Will the disk auto rebuild the volume once restored? Also I know you said za1 is that the only disk?

No it will not auto-rebuild. As you havent sent a decent screenshot or output of zpool status its very hard to tell. It would be nice to be able to see all the drives including their READ WRITE CKSUM details of zpool status. Once we have identified which gptid's need replacing we can run something like glabel status to link gptids to da numbers.

You did but with half of the info missing :smile:

Im off soon. After that run glabel status from the shell and send that also.

taylordude

Explorer
1671640173369.png

Thanks. Any numbers other than 0 in the CKSUM column?

Don't be fooled by the 0 errors as that's talking about your boot drive NOT your pool. Send over the output of glabel status

No I don't see any. The Shell Access via the GUI is not great, can I use putty?
Yes if you like but you will need to enable SSH and root login etc from Services

Ok so da0 is dead and da1 is dying. Now find their serial numbers by running smartctl -a /dev/da0 and then on da1 and make a note of them.