TrueNAS SCALE 23.10-BETA.1 has been released!

ederidder

Cadet
It’s just my overall taste. I liked the apps all being on one screen with all the buttons in one place. Less button clicking…
When you are in the Apps section and click on "Discover Apps" , at the right of the Page in the middle you will find " View all new & updated Apps". When you click there you will have that page again with all the apps easier to find

ravenblight

Dabbler
Will multiple apps can share same gpu? Like Tadarr and Jellyfin ?

truecharts

Guru
We want to highlight, due to community feedback, that we do **NOT** at this state offer support for users running Cobia Beta-1!

You're free to still ask questions in our "unsupported-setups" discord channel and such, but we've not vetted this beta enough to ensure stability for support via our dedicated support staff.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer

speedtriple

Explorer
I did it. From 22.12.3.3 to 23.10 B1.

Syncthing app did not transfer ok. Seems like I have to re-install it and configure.

speedtriple

Explorer
I did it. From 22.12.3.3 to 23.10 B1.

Syncthing app did not transfer ok. Seems like I have to re-install it and configure.
Disregard, should have waited a minute more:

Syncthing works perfectly.
And I did not have to do the "disable SMB, activate Syncthing, enable SMB".
Syncthing App just works right away.

sammael

Explorer
If I update to Cobia-Beta to check it out, can I then in case of any trouble just boot to previous kernel form the boot menu and be in my previous system, or would I need to reinstall Bluefin from scratch? Thanks!

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
If I update to Cobia-Beta to check it out, can I then in case of any trouble just boot to previous kernel form the boot menu and be in my previous system, or would I need to reinstall Bluefin from scratch? Thanks!
I'd recommend waiting if this is needed. There is generally very little testing of backward migrations so we can't tell you whether there are dragons .. especially in Apps downgrades.

SgtEspada

Cadet
Good morning, GPU Driver not available Nvidia Telsa k80, Quard 10G Network cards Broadcom worked fine and after the update13.10 beta, only one network card is working only the Bond lights are on on all 4. I have 3 Dell PowerEdge Server with 384g memory and 190TB each hard drive 6 NVME cards on a PCI card. R730xd- R730- r720.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Good morning, GPU Driver not available Nvidia Telsa k80, Quard 10G Network cards Broadcom worked fine and after the update13.10 beta, only one network card is working only the Bond lights are on on all 4. I have 3 Dell PowerEdge Server with 384g memory and 190TB each hard drive 6 NVME cards on a PCI card. R730xd- R730- r720.
Suggest you start a thread in the Cobia subforum. https://www.truenas.com/community/forums/Cobia/

wili4m

Explorer
hello

is it a bugs or not? always show "Field was not expected" when changing Kubernetes Settings
the case I just want change br01 to ensp01 after click save always show that message.
also when uncheck it also show same message.

Mod note: Removed external image link

Last edited by a moderator:

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
hello

is it a bugs or not? always show "Field was not expected" when changing Kubernetes Settings
the case I just want change br01 to ensp01 after click save always show that message.
also when uncheck it also show same message.

https://pasteboard.co/ANnOtrA2eup6.png

Suggest you start a new thread with real images..... no-one likes clicking on links they don't understand.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
FYI.. 23.10 BETA has passed 700 users - many thanks for the testing, feedback and bug reports!
This uptake is about 4X faster than 22.12.BETA and many fewer issues.... so all signs are positive.

RC1 is due at end of september.. we'll probably make a Nightly available in early September with many of the bug fixes.

anthonybell

Cadet
FYI.. 23.10 BETA has passed 700 users - many thanks for the testing, feedback and bug reports!
This uptake is about 4X faster than 22.12.BETA and many fewer issues.... so all signs are positive.

RC1 is due at end of september.. we'll probably make a Nightly available in early September with many of the bug fixes.

The rapid spread of the beta and few issues is good news. So Ubuntu 23.10 is in good shape and ready for release.

duderuud

Dabbler

Can you let us know somehow when that is released? For me that would be the version I would be willing to install (upgrade current installation).