TrueNAS SCALE 23.10.0 has been released!

eturgeon

Super Moderator
iXsystems
We are pleased to release TrueNAS SCALE 23.10.0!

Notable changes:
See the Release Notes for more details.

Changelog: https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/23.10/gettingstarted/scalereleasenotes/#23100-changelog
Download: https://www.truenas.com/download-truenas-scale
Documentation: https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/23.10/

Thanks for using TrueNAS SCALE! As always, we appreciate your feedback!

johnbajer

Cadet
Hello, after upgrading I removed old kernels. After rebooting my grub was destroyed. I need 23.10 stable iso to reinstall. Thanks

johnbajer

Cadet
Hello, after upgrading I removed old kernels. After rebooting my grub was destroyed. I need 23.10 stable iso to reinstall. Thanks
I had to install last RC version. This version will not allow me to upgrade.

error FAILED​

(sqlite3.OperationalError) no such column: system_systemdataset.sys_syslog_usedataset [SQL: SELECT system_systemdataset.id, system_systemdataset.sys_pool, system_systemdataset.sys_syslog_usedataset, system_systemdataset.sys_uuid, system_systemdataset.sys_uuid_b FROM system_systemdataset] (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/14/e3q8)

ABain

Bug Conductor
iXsystems
Did RC.1 come up OK? Is it the upgrade to .0 which is giving the above error or the deployment of 23.10-RC.1?

LarsR

Guru
Guess the Servers are overloaded, i'm just getting 40-60 KiB/s downloadspeed...

jakesteele

Cadet
I completed the update from RC1 to Full just now. The upgrade took about 15 mins; the download speed was 11 Mbps to the west coast of Canada. So far, there have been no issues with the upgrade. Keep in mind truenas shut down for about 5 mins before coming back up.

Upgraded 3 systems from 22.12.4.2 without issue. Also performed zpool upgrade {datasets}

UPS reporting still missing. :frown:

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
We had a bug report of similar issue with grub-related boot failure post upgrade to 23.10. Root cause was that user had manually upgraded the boot-pool zpool at some point in the past (thereby breaking GRUB), but didn't reboot until after updating to 23.10.0.

BossyBear

Dabbler
Trying to do the online Update from TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.4.2
"No updates available." :/

Downloaded the ISO and tried to upgrade. Failed. :(

BossyBear

Dabbler
Trying to do the online Update from TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.4.2
"No updates available." :/

Downloaded the ISO and tried to upgrade. Failed. :(
Attempted 2nd upgrade to capture the error output.

taZs6E2Nqyxk6oE

BossyBear

Dabbler
It sure does.

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root home/

There is a single subdirectory admin inside it.

essinghigh

Dabbler
No issues on my end with the upgrade - in terms of weird behavior, UPS service was started on boot despite not being set to start on boot, very minor.

Thanks for a smooth release.

BossyBear

Dabbler
PM sent, with a question.

In the meantime I have swapped the SSD for the boot drive and I was able to install 23.10.0 and import my saved configuration. I have not upgraded the pool so I can go back to the original SSD for further troubleshooting as needed.

ChrisPy

Cadet
Thanks for using TrueNAS SCALE! As always, we appreciate your feedback!

Clean upgrade this morning, with no issues, I've done 1 of 3 nodes to validate. Noting that it took a long time... I didn't time it - but must have taken between 30-60 minutes...(other updates have always been much quicker) with the task bar slowly updating (so I was patient!) - System is an N5095 (4 core / 2.00 GHz) processor with 16 GB RAM.
Reboots are fast, and system appears to be functioning as expected!

Great job guys - yet another impressive product.

Tomasz Elendt

Dabbler
Am I the only one affected by apps not starting after the upgrade? I upgraded from 23.10-RC.1 and I see an "Initializing Apps Service" message with a spinning wheel. Moreover, kubectl shows that there are no ix-* namespaces:

Code:
$ k3s kubectl get ns
NAME              STATUS   AGE
default           Active   8h
kube-system       Active   8h
kube-public       Active   8h
kube-node-lease   Active   8h
openebs           Active   8h