TrueNAS SCALE 23.10.1.3 has been released!

eturgeon

Super Moderator
iXsystems
We are pleased to release TrueNAS SCALE 23.10.1.3!

This is a small hotpatch with fixes for network interfaces, including related fixes for TrueNAS Enterprise High-Availability (HA) platforms.
  • NAS-125862 - bond (link aggregation) physical interface constraint failure during database migration.
TrueNAS Enterprise

These changes and known issue only impact TrueNAS SCALE Enterprise platforms with the High Availability (HA) feature. Community users are not impacted.
  • NAS-126722 - Treat interface FAULT event messages as BACKUP.
  • NAS-126922 - Fix HA Virtual IP (VIP) error when interfaces have a null vrrp_config key.
Known Issue:

The failover feature on TrueNAS SCALE Enterprise platforms with High Availability (HA) is currently incompatible with the network Spanning Tree Protocol (STP). Please validate that STP is disabled on the network switch ports connected to the TrueNAS SCALE HA platform before enabling the failover feature.

See the Release Notes for more details.

Changelog: https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/23.10/gettingstarted/scalereleasenotes/#231013-changelog
Download: https://www.truenas.com/download-truenas-scale
Documentation: https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/23.10/

Thanks for using TrueNAS SCALE! As always, we appreciate your feedback!

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
It was in the notes linked, but it was an internal release only we were testing and decided to bump it one more time to .3 to catch a few other issues as well.

tannisroot

Dabbler
Is anyone having trouble updating to this version from 2023.10.1.3? My update process hangs at 75.00% with "Performing post-install tasks".

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Did your update end up proceeding @tannisroot ? Not seeing other instances of this here yet.

tannisroot

Dabbler
Did your update end up proceeding @tannisroot ? Not seeing other instances of this here yet.
No, I tried a few more times by aborting with a reboot and trying again, it's just stuck at the same stage.
I am thinking of filing a bug report, but before that I want to look at logs in the debug log package myself, and I am wondering which log file should the update progress be logged into? Maybe it will be a very clear error which will allow me to fix whatever is wrong with my system.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Take a look at /var/log/middlewared.log first, that might hold some clues. Otherwise a debug file and a bug ticket for us to investigate.

IndieCoopz

Explorer
The update went smooth, but i cant update applications anymore:

zfsuser9001

Cadet
Can you clarify in the release notes the OpenZFS version?

2.2.0 (<------ this is a rc1 link?)
(2.2.2 released with SCALE 23.10.1)

Is 23.10.1.3 rolling back to a 2.2.0-rc1 instead of the current release of 2.2.2?!?

tannisroot

Dabbler
Can you clarify in the release notes the OpenZFS version?

2.2.0 (<------ this is a rc1 link?)
(2.2.2 released with SCALE 23.10.1)

Is 23.10.1.3 rolling back to a 2.2.0-rc1 instead of the current release of 2.2.2?!?
This is what I get under 23.10.1.3:
```
sudo zfs --version
zfs-2.2.2-1
zfs-kmod-2.2.2-1
```