please help with setting up modded mc server

Miller04

Cadet
I understand there's posts with the same conflict but since those are old post and are super confusing to me so I'm going to try and make a new post. I've installed truenas just fine and got all the way to mineos which a vanilla mc server runs just fine (have to use playit for a friend to join since I have spectrum and you have to use the app to do the port forwarding it also doesn't make any sense) but once I try to do a forge server it just won't work as in I see it says up (there's no console) then it shuts down. the mod pack we are trying to play is better Minecraft, bmc3. I understand there's no info here to help anyone, but I have no clue where to start so I'm starting with this and just ask me to get the info you need and I'll try my best to find it. spent all day yesterday with my buddy trying to figure this out. (When asking me for any sort of info please dumb it down since I most likely won't know what you're talking about, I'm trying to reduce the headache for you guys)

Davvo

MVP
Why do you want to use TrueNAS?

Start by reading the following resources:

Then you can use this guide as a reference. It's not up to date and I have no idea if it will work, but it's a start. I do not know if SCALE has an easier way, maybe ask in @truecharts discord?

It took me a while to understand that mc meant Minecraft.

Last edited:

Miller04

Cadet
I'll try this when I get home, I don't think its the mods I have because I even tried to run just a forge server with no mods and it also won't start

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
If you have mineos up and running you probably need to check if there's an available profile for the "forge" server. Then after installing that you can add mods like bmc3 to forge as per the forge documentation.