FreeNAS 11.1 is Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmyManNB

Cadet
I rolled back to 11.1. Previous docker image and setup stops working. Specifically you can't stop/restart/shutdown an existing setup.

If you re-create from scratch it works. I don't feel like reinstalling all my docker containers and volumes unless there is a easy way to transfer.

That sounds like something you should file a bug report for....

Last edited by a moderator:

I-Tech

Dabbler
Any idea if there is a reason for the health check? Could the bug be upstream (but more or less silent), and the health check message is the symptom? Is everyone having this issue?
also have the "[WARN] agent: Check 'freenas_health' is now warning" feature
direct update from 11.1 to 11.1-U1 today
can live with this log spamming.. just hope U1 fixed the random reboots

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
11.1 did not have random reboots that I know of. Usually that is a hardware problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

KrisBee

Wizard
I rolled back to 11.1. Previous docker image and setup stops working. Specifically you can't stop/restart/shutdown an existing setup.

If you re-create from scratch it works. I don't feel like reinstalling all my docker containers and volumes unless there is a easy way to transfer.

Now, you've rolled back FreeNAS, first upgrade any DockerVM's you created. At the rancheros CLI execute sudo ros os upgrade answering "Y" to any prompts. The DockerVM will auto re-boot when it's upgraded, but this will fail so just stop it. Now you can upgrade FreeNAS to 11.1-U1 and after that your DockerVM will work again.

danb35

Hall of Famer

enemy85

Guru
Hi all, just updated to 11.1-U1 from 11.1 and getting as before the warning message:

"[WARN] agent: Check 'freenas_health' is now warning"

Unfortunately I even keep continue to have problems with FTP connections as already reported here.
Could you please tell me if FTP works for you? Thanks

ArmyManNB

Cadet
Now, you've rolled back FreeNAS, first upgrade any DockerVM's you created. At the rancheros CLI execute sudo ros os upgrade answering "Y" to any prompts. The DockerVM will auto re-boot when it's upgraded, but this will fail so just stop it. Now you can upgrade FreeNAS to 11.1-U1 and after that your DockerVM will work again.

Worked like a top. Thank you kindly for the help as it was much appreciated. :)

IceBoosteR

Guru
Is 11.1-U1 save to upgrade?
I am on 11.0-U4, and have some issues with compiling some ports as they are unsupported on FreeBSD 11.0....
So I need to upgrade. On my testsystem it looks fine sofar, but do you know about major issues? What about that restart topic?
Can someone confirm that my 11.0 jails will work after the upgrade?
Cheers[/]

Wrong place for that question. Dump me

Last edited:

tslw

Dabbler
@KrisBee: do you need to rollback to do this or is there another option without rolling back?

KrisBee

Wizard

I-Tech

Dabbler
also have the "[WARN] agent: Check 'freenas_health' is now warning" feature
direct update from 11.1 to 11.1-U1 today
can live with this log spamming.. just hope U1 fixed the random reboots

well.. 20 minutes after I left the office yesterday system re-booted itself..

strange thing is email came in at 6:43 PM PST and body of email says: "System booted at Wed Jan 24 02:32:36 2018 was not shut down properly" .. which looks about 8 hours off.. sort of GMT style.. but anyway..

/var/log/messages shows nothing interesting..

color me "not pleased"

D1NZ

Cadet
Did anyone try to upgrade from Corral? Please share thoughts on how it went.

Corral.PNG

gpsguy

Zaffo

Cadet
I tried to install the update but got a checksum error.
%Packages/base-os-11.1-U1-b3606746a5192a592316b7171d5efa50.tgz has invalid checksum

This happens in both the old and new UI.

Edit: Downloaded FreeNAS-11.1-U1-manual-update.tar which is installing now.

Update: It was an update from 11.1. Install seems to be successful after a manual reboot. Only thing is that I got an email:
System booted at Sun Feb 11 17:59:50 2018 was not shut down properly

Last edited:

kdragon75

Wizard
Do we not have announcements for update releases? 11.1-U2 has been out for a bit now but I see little mention of it outside of the update/install forum.

IceBoosteR

Guru
Do we not have announcements for update releases? 11.1-U2 has been out for a bit now but I see little mention of it outside of the update/install forum.
Normally these announcement are generated by admins or users. It is not very common that someone from iX is posting this here. But I would agree, that this should happen^^

zambanini

Patron
the forum almoast has no admins, freenas 11 also scared many users away. maybe this explains, why they do not post news about update releases......scnr

btw, u4 is out

jclendineng

Explorer
Im waiting on proper jail support (11.2 now) before trying this again. Nas4free has been way more stable, with proper bsd jail support none of this plugin nonsense. Ill pop u4 in a vm and if I dont get crashes ill check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.