FreeNAS 9.2.1.6-RELEASE is now available!

• Thread starter Craig Rodrigues
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

indy

Patron
Finally upgraded via the GUI (from 9.2.1.x), everything went smooth :)

I am getting a new error in the console though
Code:
Jul 15 17:22:50 freenas smbd[16188]:   STATUS=daemon 'smbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connectionscreate_connection_session_info failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Everything seems to work though?

ixion

Dabbler
You actually answered your own question there, whether you knew it or not. ;-)

SMB3 support in Samba4 is still not quite ready for prime-time. It works for some folks, but for others it causes heartburn, so SMB2 is a better default for the time being.

I have to agree. I upgraded from 9.2.1.3 to 9.2.1.6, I had SMB set to SMB3 and within just a single day, I experienced two SMB crashes on Freenas. The log shows smb_panic all over the place. But even worse, the second crash, the system became unresponsive, SSH didn't work, pings returned just 1 or 2 pings and mostly timed out, I had to hard reset the machine with the power button, that's never a good thing.

I've switched back to SMB2 and will monitor the situation. So far so good.

ixion

Dabbler
I have updated from 9.2.1.3 to 9.2.1.6 via the GUI and had no issues at all. After verifying everything was working as expected I upgraded my Plex plugin and it went fine as well. It did take almost 10 minutes to update my Plex Plugin so anyone doing a plugin update, once it's started, just walk away or it may drive you nuts.

I experienced the same thing. Upgrading the Plex plugin takes FOREVER. I was almost going to give up thinking it was hung, instead I walked away, came back an hour later and it was done. So patience is the key. It works fine, just takes very long for whatever reason. It would be nice to know why, it shouldn't take that long.

Yatti420

Wizard
Had a fatal trap 12 using gui upgrade for x86 (files placed on pool versus memory).. rebooted and system came back after a slow boot.. It shows like the firmware upload froze however upon reboot everything came back to normal with system running 9.2.1.6 release.. Freenas now indicates the UFS volume is degraded.. I'm guessing its time to retire this old beast soon..

joeschmuck

Old Man
So I have now discovered that I have file permission issues since upgrading to 9.2.1.6. I've just discovered this when my backups failed to consolidate/delete older backups automatically. I would have discovered it sooner if I had actually read the automated emails from Acronis besides the subject line which does indicate the backup was good. Details in the message body tells the older files could not be deleted. I'll tackle this but it's too bad it wasn't a perfectly seamless upgrade from 9.2.1.3.

EDIT: CIFS Sharing.

aufalien

Patron
Wow, NFS performance is an order of magnitude better then v9.1.1. What a marvelous upgrade. Many many thanks to the team, once again!

Yatti420

Wizard
Had a fatal trap 12 using gui upgrade for x86 (files placed on pool versus memory).. rebooted and system came back after a slow boot.. It shows like the firmware upload froze however upon reboot everything came back to normal with system running 9.2.1.6 release.. Freenas now indicates the UFS volume is degraded.. I'm guessing its time to retire this old beast soon..

The odd thing is after the upgrade it was showing degraded.. However after a week or so.. It's now showing healthy.. I understand the drives are older.. and have had UDMA issues (bad cable) etc in the past and some bad sectors which were remapped long ago.. Just odd to me how it would switch from red warnings to healthy all of a sudden..

Status
Not open for further replies.