FreeNAS 11.1-BETA1 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to also get FreeBSD 11.1-STABLE in a jail? It's installing 11.0

In FreeNAS-11.1-RC3, when you create a new iocage jail (i.e. using the new UI) there should be a choice for 11.1-RELEASE in the release dropdown.

Code:
root@freenas:~ # iocage fetch
[0] 9.3-RELEASE (EOL)
[1] 10.1-RELEASE (EOL)
[2] 10.2-RELEASE (EOL)
[3] 10.3-RELEASE
[4] 10.4-RELEASE
[5] 11.0-RELEASE (EOL)
[6] 11.1-RELEASE

Type the number of the desired RELEASE
Press [Enter] to fetch the default selection: (11.1-RELEASE)
Type EXIT to quit:

Junicast

Patron
Another observation from FreeNAS-11.1-RC3. When I access the beta WebGUI via nginx reverse proxy the login process is taking forever, see screen.

nginx config:
Code:
server {
	listen	  80;
	listen	  [::]:80;
	listen	  [::]:443 ssl;
	server_name my.domain.name;
	location / {
			proxy_pass http://my_local_ip_address:80;
	}
include bettercrypto.org.conf;
	listen 443 ssl; # managed by Certbot
ssl_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/my.domain.name/fullchain.pem; # managed by Certbot
ssl_certificate_key /etc/letsencrypt/live/my.domain.name/privkey.pem; # managed by Certbot
	include /etc/letsencrypt/options-ssl-nginx.conf; # managed by Certbot
	ssl_dhparam /etc/letsencrypt/ssl-dhparams.pem; # managed by Certbot
	if ($scheme != "https") {
		return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
	} # managed by Certbot
}

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 22.43.142.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 22.43.142.png
    1,023.5 KB · Views: 533
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 22.37.35.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 22.37.35.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:

ryanakata

Explorer
I was able to get the cloud sync feature working on my box PERFECTLY to BackBlaze B2.

I went over to another box and upgraded it and when opening the Add Cloud Sync task, I can not get the Provider or any of the scheduling to populate a drop down and selector. The provider has been added, deleted, and readded with no luck.

Any ideas? I am filling a bug report but it would be nice to get off my current provider and get onto B2.

mjt5282

Contributor
I have a jail that is synchronizing with rclone to two different Cloud backup providers (backblaze b2 and wasabi). I suspect this new backup functionality uses rclone... if you are familiar with unix cli and crontab, you can write your own scripts to backup via a jail until the GUI bugs get fixed in 11.1.

Paul Crook

Dabbler
I just updated from 11.0-STABLE to 11.1-PRERELEASE and now my video console screen is blank and does not respond to keystrokes. Video blanks out sometime after grub runs. I found this thread where the same symptoms occurred when the OP updated from 9.10 to 9.10.1 (https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...on-system-not-displayed-efi-blind-mode.45144/).

As mentioned in the thread, I edited a line in grub from:
set kFreeBSD.kern.vty=$kernvt"
to
set kFreeBSD.kern.vty="vt"

and my console works again, until the next reboot. As with the OP, I boot using UEFI. This was apparently fixed (Bug #16700) but appears to be back.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I just updated from 11.0-STABLE to 11.1-PRERELEASE and now my video console screen is blank and does not respond to keystrokes. Video blanks out sometime after grub runs. I found this thread where the same symptoms occurred when the OP updated from 9.10 to 9.10.1 (https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...on-system-not-displayed-efi-blind-mode.45144/).

As mentioned in the thread, I edited a line in grub from:
set kFreeBSD.kern.vty=$kernvt"
to
set kFreeBSD.kern.vty="vt"

and my console works again, until the next reboot. As with the OP, I boot using UEFI. This was apparently fixed (Bug #16700) but appears to be back.
Start a new thread about it and include your hardware.

Evertb1

Guru
I just received an email that an update of FreeNAS (I am on FreeNAS-11.0-U4) is available for installation. To my surprise the update to 11.1 release is in the offering. Is it just me that I did not see that announced anywhere?

xCatalystx

Contributor

xCatalystx

Contributor
I am more interested in how stable 11.1 is. As I started my holidays next week I'm looking to do my FreeNAS maint (upgrade to 11.1, update my storage pool and recreate my jails on iocage + new base) while time permits.

edit: oops double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

dub_c

Cadet
I noticed the release of FreeNAS 11.1-RELEASE from the blog post that is linked above. I would like to update to this release. I am new to FreeNAS and have not previously updated to a new version. On my FreeNAS GUI (currently showing 11.1-PRERELEASE), under System -> Update, I do not find any available updates.

Do I need to upgrade from a boot image? Should I wait longer for the update to appear in my GUI? Is there something else I am missing?

Zwck

Patron
just updated, went smoothly!

Soloam

Contributor
Just updated, and so far, so good. The only problem is the Docker VM, I click on start and it shows a message stating that It was started, but I does not start

Evertb1

Guru
I noticed the release of FreeNAS 11.1-RELEASE from the blog post that is linked above. I would like to update to this release. I am new to FreeNAS and have not previously updated to a new version. On my FreeNAS GUI (currently showing 11.1-PRERELEASE), under System -> Update, I do not find any available updates.

Do I need to upgrade from a boot image? Should I wait longer for the update to appear in my GUI? Is there something else I am missing?
I have never bothered with RC's and prereleases. I am always on the the stable release train. I suspect that you only get the release update offered if you are on the stable release train.

KrisBee

Wizard

Greg_E

Explorer
Maybe I'll update mine tomorrow. Doing some fine tuning and testing ahead of rollout in January.

Haggis663

Dabbler
IOn my FreeNAS GUI (currently showing 11.1-PRERELEASE), under System -> Update, I do not find any available updates.

Change your update train to 11-STABLE. When you click check, it will show you the 11.1 update.

xCatalystx

Contributor
just me or did anyone else notice their usb boot drives now show up as da# under disks?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I wonder if that's on purpose.

xCatalystx

Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.