FreeNAS 8.3.0-BETA1 is now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
What model is that? Is important to post those things, a list with working hardware is maintained on forums. Visit the thread and post your info.

rr2720sgl, currently between upgrades I need to copy over the 64bit driver (theres a thread detailing this). I did notice smart isn't fully working on drives connected to my raid card. Gonna test out 8.3 tonight and post the results.

EDIT
http://forums.freenas.org/showthrea...ver-in-FreeNas-8-3-0b1/page2&highlight=rr2720
Looks like it works in the latest nightlies! I'll download it and try tomorrow =]

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Using the daily build 8.3.1-ALPHA-r12085-x64 my rr2720sgl worked out of the box!
Now one thing doesn't seem the work though
Code:
[root@freenas] /dev# smartctl -a /dev/da4
smartctl 5.43 2012-06-30 r3573 [FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE-p4 amd64] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-12 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

Vendor:               HPT     
Product:              DISK 0_4        
Revision:             4.00
User Capacity:        2,000,398,934,016 bytes [2.00 TB]
Logical block size:   512 bytes
(pass9:hpt27xx0:0:4:0): MODE SENSE(6). CDB: 1a 0 1c 0 40 0 
(pass9:hpt27xx0:0:4:0): CAM status: CCB request was invalid
>> Terminate command early due to bad response to IEC mode page
A mandatory SMART command failed: exiting. To continue, add one or more '-T permissive' options.

my disks on my motherboard are /dev/ada# while my disks on the rr2720 show up as /dev/da#, not sure why.

paleoN

Wizard
Isn't this a bit off-topic for the Announce thread? Of course this always seems to happen. ;)

my disks on my motherboard are /dev/ada# while my disks on the rr2720 show up as /dev/da#, not sure why.
That's fairly typical when the disks are on a controller. The /dev/da# designation has historically been for SCSI direct access disks.

Did you check out Supported_RAID-Controllers page of smartmontools? According to that you might need something like -d hpt,L/M/N /dev/hptX. For you maybe:
Code:
smartctl -a -d hpt,L/M/N /dev/da4
I don't have any HighPoints so I haven't ever tried it with one.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
sorry about that, just wanted to answer someone's question but went overboard

I'll look into options, thanks!

paleoN

Wizard
sorry about that, just wanted to answer someone's question but went overboard!
Ignore me. It wasn't even directed at you. It was a general statement. It's not like the last 12 or so posts were on-topic. Two of which were by me.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Ignore me. It wasn't even directed at you. It was a general statement. It's not like the last 12 or so posts were on-topic. Two of which were by me.

Ignoring in progress, lol.
Anyway it worked, to view disk /dev/daX, I just run
Code:
smartctl -A -d htp,1/X/1 /dev/hpt27xx

K, last post about this, I promise

freibuis

Dabbler
Have you tried setting kern.ipc.nmbclusters=262144 in the loader prompt, before booting kernel?

Nope, I was hoping for some awesome sauce and have it auto-work without my 3:00 am brain having to think

I will give this a go when I get my next chance

dumbbell

Dabbler
Have you tried setting kern.ipc.nmbclusters=262144 in the loader prompt, before booting kernel?

I have the same problem than freibuis, using FreeNAS 8.3.0 RC1. I have an em(4) NIC. I tried your suggestion but it still crashes. When I pull it out of the box, FreeNAS boots properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.