TrueCommand 2.1 is now available

• Thread starter DeletedUser67652
  • Start date
D

DeletedUser67652

The TrueCommand team is proud to announce the release of TrueCommand 2.1.

This update adds new features like two-factor auth, SAML SSO, and others. There are also +20 improvements made over the 2.0.2 release.

For full information on this release, read the the Release Notes and browse the TrueCommand Documentation for all the updated information.

If you have any suggestions for changes or improvements to TrueCommand, please open up tickets on the TrueCommand Bug Tracker.

Heracles

Wizard
Not a great start at all over here...

Code:
[Jan  5 05:07:01] Starting Middleware

[Jan  5 05:07:01] Starting InfluxDB

[Jan  5 05:07:01] Switching Log Level -> warning

[Jan  5 05:07:01] Starting TrueCommand Middleware...

Version: 2.1

BuildDate: 20220104

time="2022-01-05T05:07:02Z" level=info msg="reset OCSP cache file. /root/.cache/snowflake/ocsp_response_cache.json" func="gosnowflake.(*defaultLogger).Infof" file="log.go:104"

time="2022-01-05T05:07:02Z" level=info msg="reading OCSP Response cache file. /root/.cache/snowflake/ocsp_response_cache.json\n" func="gosnowflake.(*defaultLogger).Infof" file="log.go:104"

time="2022-01-05T05:07:02Z" level=error msg="failed to open. Ignored. open /root/.cache/snowflake/ocsp_response_cache.json: no such file or directory\n" func="gosnowflake.(*defaultLogger).Errorf" file="log.go:120"

[Jan  5 05:07:02][ERROR] Unable to start webserver: exit status 1

[Jan  5 05:07:03] Closing down InfluxDB

Cleaning up...

[Jan  5 05:07:03] InfluxDB Stopped

[Jan  5 05:07:03] InfluxDB failing to run for more than 60s. Check the influxdb.log[.prev|.old] files for details

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Not a great start at all over here...

Code:

[Jan  5 05:07:03] InfluxDB failing to run for more than 60s. Check the influxdb.log[.prev|.old] files for details

Not good.... can you just document the sequence you went through. Is this an update from TC 2.0?
Has anyone else seen a similar issue?

Heracles

Wizard
I get the same error after uploading a custom certificate

Thanks for your confirmation. I suspected that it was related to my certificate but did not had more time for testing it.

So first container was running with TC 2.0. It was created with Portainer and configured to fix the DNS problem by calling my local DNS server using its Docker internal IP address. It also had a local volume mounted as /data in which I have my certificates.

First try was a simple upgrade using Portainer : stopped the container, asked Portainer to re-create it using the latest image. For that, Portainer re-create the container with the very same options as the original. It gave me that error.

Second try was to create a brand new container and giving it only the local volume, no options and no workaround for the bug about DNS redundancy not working. Same failure.

Last try was to create it 100% vanilla, no volume or anything. That one started.

So from @flipper's post, I am almost certain that it is related with the use of a custom certificate. Here, I injected my personal root CA and TC's own certificate / private key,

Heracles

Wizard
Bug TC-1913 created...

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Why is there no official app for TN SCALE? TrueCharts don't have the update, yet.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Why is there no official app for TN SCALE? TrueCharts don't have the update, yet.
As a general rule, iX prefers to deploy and test TrueCommand independently of TrueNAS CORE and SCALE. It is less complicated and more reliable. We do not like trying to diagnose issues where TrueCommand is managing the platform it is running on.

After TC is released, we are OK with it being deployed by TrueCharts, but we still recommend any production users deploy TrueCommand on an independent system. Given that, its OK that TrueCharts take some additional time for new TrueCommand releases.