TrueNAS SCALE Bluefin 22.12.4 is Now Available!

eturgeon

Super Moderator
iXsystems
We are pleased to release TrueNAS SCALE 22.12.4!

Notable changes:
For more details about this release, see the release notes.

Release Notes: https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/22.12/gettingstarted/scalereleasenotes/#22124
Download: https://www.truenas.com/download-truenas-scale
Documentation: https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/22.12

Thanks for using TrueNAS SCALE! As always, we appreciate your feedback!

Last edited:

NugentS

MVP
Upgrade went well - for all that it was done by mistake - not IX's fault

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Samba version is 4.17.10, not 4.17.0.

The CVE portion primarily impacts features that are off-by-default and not exposed to users (spotlight and "server signing"). There's also a winbind bug with low exploitability (requires root access -- by that time you already own the box). That said, many fixes between 4.17.8 and 4.17.10 so updating is a good idea.

Last edited:

Evan Richardson

Explorer
successfully updated from 22.12.1, however webserver isn't starting. services all come up, tried
Code:
service middlewared restart
but nothing yet

Evan Richardson

Explorer
successfully updated from 22.12.1, however webserver isn't starting. services all come up, tried
Code:
service middlewared restart
but nothing yet
I can't seem to edit my post, but it eventually came up after ~3-5 minutes after running the restart command

The custom provider option available in the built in ddns updater is not available in the ddns-updater container. Anyone know which option to use for that? I'm using ionos.

The custom provider option available in the built in ddns updater is not available in the ddns-updater container. Anyone know which option to use for that? I'm using ionos.
It looks like that functionality currently doesnt exist in the container, hopefully it will be added by the time the updater is removed in truenas though it doesnt look hopeful. The feature request is from 2021 and theres another one requesting the same functionality in 2022.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Updated from 22.12.3.3 this morning with no apparent issues. Probably won't be quite as quick to upgrade to 23.10--major updates of SCALE have been problematic in the past.

NugentS

MVP
disk temp reporting is thoroughly borked. Not causing any harm though - but some amusement

probain

Patron
22.12.3 -> 22.12.4 went good
But undocumented change on that password is now required when creating VM?

failserver

Cadet
Just did the upgrade.
Disk temps on the reporting screen are all messed up.
My /home/admin/.ssh folder got removed for some reason. Had to recreate it.

probain

Patron
22.12.3 -> 22.12.4 went good
But undocumented change on that password is now required when creating VM?
So this is for the display device. However, it doesn't state a minimum password complexity. But there seems to be one in practice. I just tried with just setting a '1', which results in a 503 error. Setting it to a 2-char password does work.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Just did the upgrade.
My /home/admin/.ssh folder got removed for some reason. Had to recreate it.
Can you please open a jira ticket for that please (and attach a system debug)?

Edit: nevermind. I was able to track down what the issue was (NAS-124479). Will be fixed in next release.

Last edited:

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Updated from 22.12.3.3 this morning with no apparent issues. Probably won't be quite as quick to upgrade to 23.10--major updates of SCALE have been problematic in the past.

While we agree with the general experience and think its good advice for a conservative user, our experience with 23.10-RC.1 has been that its the best RC.1 ever (CORE or SCALE) and has had the fastest adoption. So, we are getting better, but no doubt there will be some issues.

ChaosBlades

Contributor
disk temp reporting is thoroughly borked. Not causing any harm though - but some amusement
Reporting gets broken every other update for like the past decade. It is basically a meme at this point. Would think iX would double check this before releasing an update but I guess not.

Davvo

MVP
Reporting gets broken every other update for like the past decade. It is basically a meme at this point. Would think iX would double check this before releasing an update but I guess not.
They have completely revamped the reporting system in the next update.

NugentS

MVP
Should be working - based on the every other update rule
:cool: