TrueNAS on Odroid H3 - RTL8125B 2.5Gbps nic

Davvo

MVP

jgreco

Resident Grinch
The Odroid Forum site admin reports: The actual maximum memory address space is 64GB on the Jasper Lake platform (N5105/N6005 on H3/H3+) while their document says it is 16GB. My personal opinion is that Intel has a (bad?) habit of deliberately understating the specs to prevent their low-power processors from impacting the mainstream processors market.

You can believe that if you wish. Observationally, though, Intel has, for many years, like since at least the 1990's, tended to report the size of the largest memory module commercially available in the channel at the time of release. This isn't limited to Intel. One can see the same thing happening in some of the AMD offerings such as the AMD Athlon II Neo N36L which was spec'd for 8GB but can do 16GB.

It could simply be that they don't want to document the chip as supporting more than what they've tested it with. It gets very expensive to litigate class action lawsuits brought by people who feel defrauded when a part doesn't live up to its specs. There's really no chance of a successful lawsuit when the opposite is true, though.

Nobody seriously believes that the specs are understated just to prevent the mobile segment processors from undercutting the mainstream segment. There are far too many tradeoffs. It certainly hasn't stopped Apple from making the Mac Mini or other similar applications of those CPU's in non-mobile applications; there's a huge amount of irony in someone over at Odroid making such a claim.

h.intveen

Cadet
The web GUI showed both disks (SSD boot disk and WD-Red data disk) were in pool "boot pool".
That was not my intention, the boot pool should only contain the SSD.
I tried to detach it via: "System | Boot | Actions | Boot Pool Status" but detaching failed.
Since I am just setting up a new system I rebooted Odroid and tried to do a fresh install of TrueNAS from usb stick on the correct disk.

So far so good, but I run into the same error: "The web interface could not be accessed. Please check network configration."
If I go to the shell and run "midclt call tunable.query | jq" the output shows the correct settings from HomeyBadger.

I'm very confused: these settings worked fine just before.
Any clues?

I ended up just reinstalling the system, at least that worked out fine.
IMG_1002.jpg

Last edited: