Setting up FreeNAS 9.2.0 with Transmission and Couchpotato as a DLNA-Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

zufallsheld

Explorer
thanks for the update. I understand that creating the storage in the jails allow the different plugins to access beyond their area. Can you explain what the process is. For example: couchpotato downloads a torrent into a directory (?) in it's jail, then setting up the storage in the jail copies it into a directory (?) in transmission jail (maybe the watch directory). Then transmission downloads the movie into a directory (?) in its jail, and then, the storage in the jail moves it into a directory (?) in couchpotato's jail. Then couchpotato moves and renames it into a directory (?) in it's own jail. I just don't fully understand the process. Thanks in advance
Mike
Hi Mike, you're right, it's kinda confusing. I will describe the whole process this week and edit the guide!

Mike Haskell

Dabbler
Would it be possible to also describe the use of the the imdb cvs file for couchpotato. I see the instructions on the internet, but what i'm doing doesn't seem to work.
Thanks
Mike

Alcros

Cadet
Hi,

Thanks for such a great guide !

But I've run into the same problem as julienrobert:

Starting transmission.
su: pam_start: system error
/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/rc.d/transmission: WARNING: failed to start transmission

I have tried deleting the plugin and installing it again but I keep getting the same error.
I changed ownership of everything in the volume '/mnt/hdmain/data' to "root:wheel" with the following permissions set rwxrwxr-x
and still the same error.

Plex stopped working but I know reinstalling plex will fix the issue. With transmission though, I haven't managed to make it start, not even once.

I would really appreciate it if you give me some pointers?

zufallsheld

Explorer
apparently rss works again but not completely
thanks
You can always use the RSS-link of your watchlist. Just enter it into couchpotato and your list will be downloaded.

tswxr0S.png

Hi,

Thanks for such a great guide !

But I've run into the same problem as julienrobert:

Starting transmission.
su: pam_start: system error
/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/rc.d/transmission: WARNING: failed to start transmission

I have tried deleting the plugin and installing it again but I keep getting the same error.
I changed ownership of everything in the volume '/mnt/hdmain/data' to "root:wheel" with the following permissions set rwxrwxr-x
and still the same error.

Plex stopped working but I know reinstalling plex will fix the issue. With transmission though, I haven't managed to make it start, not even once.

I would really appreciate it if you give me some pointers?

Other are having the same problem, look into this thread:
http://forums.freenas.org/threads/p...-pam-d-su-insecure-ownership-or-permis.17466/

Mike Haskell

Dabbler
It looks like the guide has reverted back to the previous version. In the previous version the torrent jails for the following. transmission source was /mnt/media/downloads and destination was /media/downloads, source : /mnt/media/torrentfiles and destination : /media/torrentfiles. I wonder if it might be helpfull to add a version number of the changes to the guide.

zufallsheld

Explorer
It looks like the guide has reverted back to the previous version. In the previous version the torrent jails for the following. transmission source was /mnt/media/downloads and destination was /media/downloads, source : /mnt/media/torrentfiles and destination : /media/torrentfiles. I wonder if it might be helpfull to add a version number of the changes to the guide.
Sorry for that, I'm stupid. It's back to the right version now.

There are "Update"-statements at the beginning of the post.

zufallsheld

Explorer
Hi Mike, you're right, it's kinda confusing. I will describe the whole process this week and edit the guide!

Sorry it took so long, but I added two graphics that (hopefully) explain the whole process so it's easier to understand.

uifreenas

Cadet
hi i followed the steps exactly but having a issue when downloading. I get the following error in transmission:

no such file or directory /media/downloads//files3.mps

zufallsheld

Explorer
hi i followed the steps exactly but having a issue when downloading. I get the following error in transmission:

no such file or directory /media/downloads//files3.mps

Where exactly does this error appear? What are you downloading with which plugin?
Please show how you configured access to your storage as described in "Adding storage to the jails".

Will be following this guide shortly ;) CouchPotato, Sickbeard, and Transmission. Thanks.

I looking for some FreeNAS buddies. This is all new to me so if any of you want to help or work through this pm me... @ steam (supa) or google hangouts (exzacklyright@gmail.com)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or in the comments-section of my blog. If there is anything unclear, I'm happy to edit the guide to make it more clear and useful!

uifreenas

Cadet
i think i made a mistake playing around with my jail config. can you confirm what is your Jail Root set to? I would like to start from scratch so dont make any mistakes. i set it to /mnt/media

uifreenas

Cadet
When i run my JLS command following is what i see whereas in your blog i notice you path has the word jail in it.

[root@freenas] ~# jls
JID IP Address Hostname Path
2 - transmission_1 /mnt/media/transmission_1

uifreenas

Cadet
Hi thanks for the support. Nevermind on my questions. I figure out what was wrong. For some reason it was not creating the jail folder. i mounted my other drive and followed the exact steps and everything is working great now. Thanks for such a good and detailed article

FlyingPersian

Patron
Hi
I'm having trouble downloading with Sickbeard. The way sickbeard searches is wrong. It shouldn't be "Showname - SeasonxEpisode - Epname" but more like "Showname.S01E01". Is there any way to fix this?

zufallsheld

Explorer
Hi
I'm having trouble downloading with Sickbeard. The way sickbeard searches is wrong. It shouldn't be "Showname - SeasonxEpisode - Epname" but more like "Showname.S01E01". Is there any way to fix this?
I don't think, there's a way to do this. That's up to the developers.

turkeylipz

Cadet
zufallsheld, first great guide and appreciate the effort. I have one question and perhaps suggestion. For some reason I am finding the setting of the source and destination locations confusing.
  1. Are the locations referring to datasets that you had previously created?
    1. The source is the dataset correct?
    2. The Destination is a directory within the jail correct?
I guess I am confused on whether I am creating a "downloads" directory within the jail as the destination and then how I am supposed to point couch potato to it.

I might have successfully confused myself again simply trying to explain...does this make sense?

zufallsheld

Explorer
zufallsheld, first great guide and appreciate the effort. I have one question and perhaps suggestion. For some reason I am finding the setting of the source and destination locations confusing.
  1. Are the locations referring to datasets that you had previously created?
    1. The source is the dataset correct?
    2. The Destination is a directory within the jail correct?

That's right.
If you take a look at the overview-pictures I used, you can see the term "storages". These are the datasets you mentioned.
I added a (hopefully) more detailed explanation to the guide:
The source is the storage or dataset you created in the first place. The destinations are directories in the jails that get mapped to the storages outside the jails.

I guess I am confused on whether I am creating a "downloads" directory within the jail as the destination and then how I am supposed to point couch potato to it.

You create a downloads-directory within the jail that gets mapped to the dataset/storage outside the jail. You then define in couchpotato the downloads-directory as seen here:
couchpotato_transmission_settings.png

turkeylipz

Cadet
That's right.
If you take a look at the overview-pictures I used, you can see the term "storages". These are the datasets you mentioned.
I added a (hopefully) more detailed explanation to the guide:

You create a downloads-directory within the jail that gets mapped to the dataset/storage outside the jail. You then define in couchpotato the downloads-directory as seen here:
couchpotato_transmission_settings.png

Got it. Adding storage to datasets in FreeNAS in general is 1) Source = dataset 2) Destination = which is a pointer inside the jail.

I had things setup last night but stopped when I reached the couch potato setting for directory and was unable to see my downloads directory. I'll blow things out tonight and give it a fresh start. Thanks again.

turkeylipz

Cadet
Follow up...I assume we have multiple storages per jail correct? i.e. one storage for download another for movies (couch potato)

Status
Not open for further replies.