Setting up the multimedia (BT, DLNA/uPnP, iTunes) bits in 8.0.3-RELEASE_MULTIMEDIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Glad it's working again.

SilverJS

Patron
Hey guys,

Asked this in the Plugins thread, was advised I might be better off asking it here, so here goes a copy-paster :

OK - so here's a few basic setup questions :

I've now downloaded a few things with Transmission, successfully. However, is there a way to tell Transmission to automatically move the given files to a different folder once complete? Can it be outside of the jail? (I had already setup some download folders, name self-explanatorily Ongoing and Finished, on the root level of my FreeNAS.)

Also, I can't get to delete the originals! I'm trying to copy them myself (which is VERY slow, btw - 35 or so MB/sec), but I can't delete the originals. Is there a way to do this other than through the GUI? I tried stopping one of the torrents from seeding, and even then, I couldn't do anything to it without permission.

Thanks!

rjgould

Dabbler
Hey guys,

Asked this in the Plugins thread, was advised I might be better off asking it here, so here goes a copy-paster :

OK - so here's a few basic setup questions :

I've now downloaded a few things with Transmission, successfully. However, is there a way to tell Transmission to automatically move the given files to a different folder once complete? Can it be outside of the jail? (I had already setup some download folders, name self-explanatorily Ongoing and Finished, on the root level of my FreeNAS.)

Also, I can't get to delete the originals! I'm trying to copy them myself (which is VERY slow, btw - 35 or so MB/sec), but I can't delete the originals. Is there a way to do this other than through the GUI? I tried stopping one of the torrents from seeding, and even then, I couldn't do anything to it without permission.

Thanks!
This information would be very useful. Specifically if you download a linux distrubution using Transmission how do you gain access to it though a configured samba share, etc.

DeusAnima

Cadet
Hi,
I'm just a bit stuck at the moment while starting minidlna.
I get the following error when trying to start the service

Starting minidlna.
Error reading configuration file /rootminidlna.conf

I've looked all over but cannot find a single reference to /rootminidlna.conf

Any advice?

Thanks

joeschmuck

Old Man
Hi,
I'm just a bit stuck at the moment while starting minidlna.
I get the following error when trying to start the service

Starting minidlna.
Error reading configuration file /rootminidlna.conf

I've looked all over but cannot find a single reference to /rootminidlna.conf

Any advice?

Thanks

That is a new one for me. Please tell me what version of FreeNAS you are running (be detailed) and you did follow the instruction on post#15, true? When you followed those steps did you have any error messages? What step number failed?

Please bear with my troubleshooting methods, I never assume anything and I will treat you as if you know nothing simply because it results in a faster solution, there is no disrespect.

And because it's easy to do, rerun the steps again to ensure you didn't make a mistake.

-Mark

DeusAnima

Cadet
Hi Mark,

Thank you for replying.
I actually just fixed this 5mins ago, turns out that the rc.conf was misconfigured (something i assumed i had checked with my troubleshooting). The service was mearly trying to run using a nonexistant minidlna.conf file, however where it got /rootminidlna.conf - i cannot say.

Have a good one. Thank you for your efforts.

ctowle

Dabbler
Hi, I have the plugins jail installed, and the minidlna plugin up and running, but when I try to use it on my devices the folders are empty. I tried making a mount point, but still nothing. I also tried following the steps in post #15. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

joeschmuck

Old Man
Hi, I have the plugins jail installed, and the minidlna plugin up and running, but when I try to use it on my devices the folders are empty. I tried making a mount point, but still nothing. I also tried following the steps in post #15. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris
Chris,
The plugins have some issues so I would not recommend their use right now. One major problem is you need to restart the plugin manually each time you reboot the NAS. Configuring it is a pain as well. If you can I would recommend rolling back to 8.0.4-MM and using that until 8.2.x is working unless you desire to help the development testing. I don't have the time right now but there is a thread discussing the problems in the 8.2.0 announcement threads somewhere. If you still insist on using the plugins, make sure that you read the problems with these plugins and ensure you are running the correct version for the FreeNAS build you are running.

-Mark

joeschmuck

Old Man

zdv

Dabbler
Hello, All

I can`t config miniDLNA to play .mkv by my DLNA TV. I have started new thread and no one can not help me.
TV play mkv from USB storage correct, but via DLNA protocol not. TV play only .TS files via DLNA

Other DLNA client does not play .mkv via miniDLNA too.

if anybody know how to config miniDLNA to play mkv, please help.

versions:
FreeNAS 8.2 amd64 + minidlna-1.0.24_1-amd64

joeschmuck

Old Man
Hello, All

I can`t config miniDLNA to play .mkv by my DLNA TV. I have started new thread and no one can not help me.
TV play mkv from USB storage correct, but via DLNA protocol not. TV play only .TS files via DLNA

Other DLNA client does not play .mkv via miniDLNA too.

if anybody know how to config miniDLNA to play mkv, please help.

versions:
FreeNAS 8.2 amd64 + minidlna-1.0.24_1-amd64
Answered in your other identical posting.
http://forums.freenas.org/showthrea...reenas-nightlies-post-09-25-2011&goto=newpost

joeschmuck

Old Man
MiniDLNA Automatic Database Rescanning - Fix

I have figured out and pretty much solved the MiniDLNA automatic database update problem. I have a thread here which describes the fix. Any comments against the fix should be placed in that thread.

-Mark

EDIT: See post below.

zdv

Dabbler
joeschmuck
thanks. I found that my TV read only transcoding stream via DLNA

joeschmuck

Old Man
Status
Not open for further replies.