NugentS

MVP
Its certainly a change that I would be interested in

joeschmuck

Old Man
It will be in the next version.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
@NugentS If you cannot get Influx and Grafana configured properly in this Helm/Kubernetes thingy, why not setup a VM on your SCALE NAS? Plain Ubuntu, Influx & Grafana. The closest you can get to a jail on CORE and you will probably even get newer versions of both than available on FreeBSD. The lack of portability of Influx 2.0 sucks so we are stuck with 1.8.

NugentS

MVP
@Patrick M. Hausen - that is something I have considered - however IX plan on updating the reporting stack - so I am in hold off mode (for the moment).

I already have a nice Ubuntu VM I could use - but it runs portainer, so I would probably set up another (which I have now done)

Last edited:

NugentS

MVP
I am just using the FreeBSD port(pkg) in a jail, so whatever that is. (I only use influx there, then run the latest Grafana in a docker container and point it at the influxdb).
Probably 1.8. Massive difference from current version as it can no longer accept data straight from TN (I think)

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Probably 1.8. Massive difference from current version as it can no longer accept data straight from TN (I think)
My script isn't using TrueNAS' connection to graphite, I'm just pushing individual values via constructed URL, which I would be very surprised to find not working.

Sorry for the off-topic but summer is approaching and it seems there is still no really sophisticated all-encompassing fan-script for SCALE. Couldn't the bright minds and scripting masters here unite to change that? That would be fabulous.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You might be lucky... I just put my new test SCALE machine together and will be working on my script, so if I can get it working, you will get what you need.

You might be lucky... I just put my new test SCALE machine together and will be working on my script, so if I can get it working, you will get what you need.
If I can be of any assistance with testing or something, let me know!

NugentS

MVP
My script isn't using TrueNAS' connection to graphite, I'm just pushing individual values via constructed URL, which I would be very surprised to find not working.
Could you post a screenshot of what you actually see please?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Here is a hacked together modification of my script.

1. Run the script. It will update the multi_report_config.txt file.
  2. You will need to edit the config file and modify the ‘urgentemail’ address. My example below has two addresses.
urgentemail="5405551212@vtext.com,joeschmuckatelli2002@hotmail.com"

What this does is sends my smartphone a Text Message through my Verizon carrier, and also send an email. The down side is my carrier only allows so many characters. I will minimize wasted characters in version 2.1 but the email account option is the best as you will get all the data.
  1. While you are editing the config file, change any alarm setpoints you need to. The script will send a message for ANY Alarm.
  2. Run the script using the ‘-m’ switch. You can run from the command line or I’m sure you will place in a CRON job.
  3. The Statistical Database will be updated each time the script it run. This allows you to capture any trends.
  4. The statistical database file by default holds 720 days of data. That could be a lot of data if you run the script frequently.
The Warning ! You cannot run two instances of this script in the same machine at once. For example, if you are running this daily at 2:00 AM then you should not run it between 1:55 AM and 2:05 AM (I like the cushion) or it will fail when it tries to write to a file that is already open. It takes approximately 17 seconds for the script to run on my machine. I did make a CRON job to test every 10 minutes on the 5's (5,15,25,35,45,55)

Attachments

• multi_report_v2.0.8beta_20_Feb_2023.txt
    337.9 KB · Views: 93

NugentS

MVP
Time to run on mine = 1 min and 33 seconds
:smile:
Thank you - I shall give this a try

NugentS

MVP
Yes please

joeschmuck

Old Man
Remember, the temperature threshold needs to be exceeded, not matched for the alarm to be present. I will fix that on the next version, something I should have fixed a long time ago. It's minor but an alarm setpoint should alarm when that setpoint is reached, not exceeded.

sretalla