help with failed disk swap

jcizzo

Explorer
i received the drive error yadda yadda..

i clicked on the failing drive, chose "offline", swapped in the new drive (after ensuring it was clear of partitions with diskpart because wiping wouldn't do it),
and i get the following error:

"
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 355, in run
await self.future
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 391, in __run_body
rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 981, in nf
return await f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool_/replace_disk.py", line 78, in replace
await self.middleware.call('pool.format_disks', job, disks)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1283, in call
return await self._call(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1240, in _call
return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool_/format_disks.py", line 28, in format_disks
await asyncio_map(format_disk, disks.items(), limit=16)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/utils/asyncio_.py", line 16, in asyncio_map
return await asyncio.gather(*futures)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/utils/asyncio_.py", line 13, in func
return await real_func(arg)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool_/format_disks.py", line 24, in format_disk
await self.middleware.call('disk.format', disk, swapgb if config['create_swap'] else 0, False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1283, in call
return await self._call(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1251, in _call
return await self.run_in_executor(prepared_call.executor, methodobj, *prepared_call.args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1156, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/disk_/format.py", line 21, in format
raise CallError(f'Failed to wipe disk {disk}: {job.error}')
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Failed to wipe disk da3: [Errno 6] Device not configured
"

what gives?

jcizzo

Explorer
i restarted the nas and it was able to do it properly and now the drive is rebuilding.. but i shouldn't have to do it.. in the log up top it mentions something about swap space.

i disabled swap on the drives and followed instructions on how to direct freebsd to use an nvme for swap.

my boot/os drives are sata ssds (mirrored) and i installed a 500Gig nvme drive that i had laying around (unused) for use as a swap drive.. yes, total overkill but that's besides the point.

i dunno if my swap drive is being used or not, i'm not savvy enough to figure that out.. but could that be the problem?

Davvo

MVP
Failed to wipe disk da3: [Errno 6] Device not configured should be key here.