FreeNAS 11.1-BETA1 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

amiskell

Patron
Maybe this isn't the right place. But looking at tall the features etc. I do not see docker listed. Has this been pushed out of 11.1 now?

Thanks.

It's been pushed to 11.2 for now. Honestly, I wouldn't hold your breath for full docker support for some time.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Well, there are a few things to address there:
  • Switching between GUIs is already a thing, unfortunately. I understand that 11.2 should be essentially feature complete (I say essentially because something might slip through the cracks).
  • I don't expect the old GUI to be piped to work with iocage.
  • There will be a migration script from warden to iocage.
Hello

I have Installed 11.1 Prerelease version from 11.0 U4 but i have no menu as you can see in my picture

View attachment 21252

Can you help me please ?
File a bug report.

jclendineng

Explorer
I mean the new gui has never worked for me honestly it just sits on "connecting to websocket" and I cannot upgrade because of all the issues listed here regarding manual and auto upgrades not working so I will reinstall using the iso provided. Maybe the 11.1 will fix the gui not working.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I mean the new gui has never worked for me honestly it just sits on "connecting to websocket" and I cannot upgrade because of all the issues listed here regarding manual and auto upgrades not working so I will reinstall using the iso provided. Maybe the 11.1 will fix the gui not working.
That's because something is blocking the connection. You need to fix that in your network.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The old UI is still the default.

SavageAUS

Patron
Tried to jump from the 11 stable to 11.1-PRERELEASE. Got thrown out of the wagon:

"You're not allowed to change away from the nightly train, it is considered a downgrade.
If you have an existing boot environment that uses that train, boot into it in order to upgrade that train."
Did you ever figure put how to switch to pre-release? I'm getting the same message.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

idachour

Cadet
Code:
[root@freenas ~]# iocage --version																								
Version 0.9.10 RC

Code:
[root@freenas ~]# iocage --version											 
Version 0.9.10 RC

I have a workaround ... i just click "English" on the Dropdown list Language and all labels appeared

raidflex

Guru
Since iocage is still technically in beta, will we see a regular release cycle for FreeNAS to keep iocage up to date, at least until 1.0 is released?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The traditional model is to pull in updates in -Un releases for stuff if it's not prone to breakage and fixes specific issues.

appoli

Dabbler
Don't know if this is normal but I am getting regular posts in the log that the cache file /var/db/system/update doesn't have a sequence/can't be opened/doesn't exist. Not sure if this is normal?

Attachments

• freenas - FreeNAS-11.1-BETA1 (476ef43ed) 2017-10-26 12-28-43.jpg
    freenas - FreeNAS-11.1-BETA1 (476ef43ed) 2017-10-26 12-28-43.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 436

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Don't know if this is normal but I am getting regular posts in the log that the cache file /var/db/system/update doesn't have a sequence/can't be opened/doesn't exist. Not sure if this is normal?
File a bug report for that. At best, it's noise and noise is bad.

c_dog

Dabbler
Did you ever figure put how to switch to pre-release? I'm getting the same message.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You can force the update and to change the train by entering
Code:
freenas-update -v -T FreeNAS-11.1-PRERELEASE update
in the shell.
After updates are applied, you will need reboot to start up 11.1 beta1 on next boot. From there you should also be able to set the train to follow as FreeNAS-11.1-PRERELEASE in the future.

ThreeDee

Guru
So creating jails in the new UI is supposed to be using iocage and not warden? .. when I go to create a jail, once I got a warden error pop up .. if I successfully create a jail, they don't show up in the new UI but only in the old UI which means they are still using warden.. what am I doing wrong?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Are you using 11.1-BETA?

JJT211

Patron
Ive been meaning to wipe out and reinstall all my jails as they're from 9.2 and really been acting funky for a while. Now that this Beta has been released with iocage, is now the time I can finally make the jump without having to do it all over again at a future date?

ThreeDee

Guru
yes ..I'm using the 11.1-Beta1

So creating jails in the new UI is supposed to be using iocage and not warden?

I noticed the same; I created a jail in the new UI, but it turned out to be an warden jail. It is only visible in the old UI.
However, when I create a jail using iocage (via the command line), that jail does show up in the new UI (and not in the old). The new UI allows to start and stop that iocage jails, but that's pretty much it.
I'm not sure it that falls under "feature not yet complete" or "bug". :rolleyes:

Running jls from the command line works as expected and shows both jails.

appoli

Dabbler
File a bug report for that. At best, it's noise and noise is bad.

Hi,

Thank you for that info! I will do that today.
In addition in the daily security output file I got the following message from the kernel log file, should it be logged as well (and I’m assuming in a different bug?):

env: python: No such file or directory

Thanks!

adrianwi

Guru
Different types of jails created in different UIs? This sounds like a recipe for disaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.