Flashing Supermicro X10SL7‑F to ITmode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronus94

Dabbler
Hi Everyone

I'm starting my first server build soon and planning on using the Supermicro X10SL7‑F. I am aware I will need to flash it into it mode however I have been unable to find the firmware, all i can find is old and broken links.

Does anyone have a working link for the firmware. I believe I need to flash to P20 IT mode.

EDIT:I have just been reading an article and it mentions the X11SSM-F. What are your thoughts on this? If im correct this one doesnt need to be flashed to IT (is that correct?)

Going to Use;
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Case
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3 or Xeon E-3 1240V3
Motherboard: Supermicro X10SL7-F (or other if you can recommend one)
RAM: Samsung DDR3 ECC 8Gb x2 (possibly might go for 32gb instead)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G-550
Additional Fans: Noctua PWM Fans
Storage: WD RED 4TB drives (not sure yet how many, will be 4 minimum but probable more depending on cost)
I'll be running plex mainly and using as storage.

Last edited:
They are on the supermicro website/FTP, but I cant seem to pull up even the main supermicro site let alone the FTP. Im sure this is temporary.

droeders

Contributor
Does anyone have a working link for the firmware. I believe I need to flash to P20 IT mode.

For the record, your question has been discussed quite frequently on this forum. If you had searched for "lsi 2308" before posting, you would have all the data you need.

However, as @John Digital said, you can get this from the SM site (which is up now):

ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/Driver/SAS/LSI/2308/Firmware/IT/
EDIT:I have just been reading an article and it mentions the X11SSM-F. What are your thoughts on this? If im correct this one doesnt need to be flashed to IT (is that correct?)

The X11SSM-F does not have a SAS controller on-board, so flashing firmware doesn't apply. If you need more than the 8x on-board SATA ports, things change. Then you need a PCIe HBA, which will likely need to be flashed with the proper firmware.

Cronus94

Dabbler
For the record, your question has been discussed quite frequently on this forum. If you had searched for "lsi 2308" before posting, you would have all the data you need.

However, as @John Digital said, you can get this from the SM site (which is up now):

Thanks for the reply. I had already done the search and gotten all the info on how todo it from here however all the links I tried for the firmware didn't work hence I posted. However like you and @John Digital said the site is now back up and running.

Thanks again for the reply, and info on the X11SSM-F much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.