Booting from USB -- Error 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundsta

Dabbler
There are no daX devices at all, and the adaX devices that are listed are the hard drives that are going to be used for storage.

And yes, as I mentioned above I was able to boot from the USB using FreeBSD 9.2, thus indicating FreeNAS specific issue. I also had no issue getting NAS4Free 9.2 to boot from it, and I've been playing around with that as it offers virtually the same features as FreeNAS. If I really played around with it, I could probably get it to boot but at this point I don't see much point in putting in the effort.

I have no criticisms of your help and suggestions, in fact they're appreciated.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I'd yank the hard drives and only leave the USB flash drive. When you boot do you get the same result? Yes, then upload a copy of your logs. Provide as much data as possible and with any luck it can be examined and something will show up.

Dennis.kulmosen

Explorer
I had the issue too. In my case it was the Usb3 stick that wasnt able to boot freenas. I am now using a plain usb2 Sandisk 8gb stick. The price was less than 20$
My testing with a lot of different noname sticks showed that freenas didnt like those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KempelofDoom

Explorer
I'm having issues with my Adata S102 16GB USB3 drives as well. Haven't done as much as you to troubleshoot but I'm still looking to see if anyone has been able to install to these because I'm getting an error that the drive is not large enough. Don't want to start a new thread if Adata drives aren't going to work.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I have a 32GB version of that drive, and it didn't work for me with FreeNAS.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Just FYI my "go-to" for FreeNAS installs is a Corsair Voyager 8GB. They're about $10 on newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.