Mounting failed with error 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zythyr

Dabbler
I am trying to install/run freeNAS on my Dell Optiplex 745 desktop. The HDD I have is a 3TB.

I downloaded FreeNAS-9.2.1.3-RELEASE-x64.img.xz
I used Linux to install the FreeNAS onto my 2GB USB.

I keep getting the error:

Code:
Mounting from ufs:/dev/ufs/FreeNASs1a failed with error 19
mountroot>

I know in the past, I had installed FreeNAS v9 on this same system without any issues, but decided not to use anymore... Now I am trying to install again and its not working.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well, desktops aren't appropriate for FreeNAS.

2GB thumbdrives aren't appropriate for FreeNAS.

Did you search the forums for error 19? There's like 20 damn threads on the topic!

Zythyr

Dabbler
Well, desktops aren't appropriate for FreeNAS.

2GB thumbdrives aren't appropriate for FreeNAS.

Did you search the forums for error 19? There's like 20 damn threads on the topic!

If desktops aren't appropriate then what are? Every guides I read online talk about installing FreeNas on a desktop to create a dedicated network attached storage.

According to the manual, http://web.freenas.org/images/resources/freenas9.2.1/freenas9.2.1_guide.pdf, 2GB USB is supported. I already have another desktop running freenas that's using a 2gb USB drive.

Yes I did search he forum before posting here. I didn't find a solution that worked.

I tried:
- 4gb USB drive
- tried to find xchi in my bios but couldn't find it
- tired different USB ports

None worked.

I previously had freenas working on this same machine... I don't know why it won't install anymore.

Zythyr

Dabbler
I fixed the issue. There is something wrong with version 9.2.1.3. I downloaded version 9.2.0 and installed that and everything worked fine. Then I upgraded to 9.2.1.3 using the GUI method.

Status
Not open for further replies.