Adding to a Bug Discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaPlumber

Patron
Howto, as opposed to filing a new bug? Essentially I want to add a “metoo” and point to some motivational discussion on the forum here:

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/vm-bhyve-and-ubuntu-18-04.63514/page-2#post-458138

Can someone from the FreeNAS team explain why their “NeedsQA” switch is flipped on this? It’s a FreeBSD bug that’s been fixed that does not affect FreeNAS functionality. It’s a User-Land file change for the FreeNAS host. It’s in use in FreeBSD with no reported problems for a month. It’s been in the nightlies and stable there for what? A month? How much more QA does an easy fix like this need?

How much of a dev’s Time does this really need to get pulled into U5?

Or at least a patch or manual install of the FreeBSD fixed files.

Bug 26708 is here: https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/26708

I’m back with FreeNAS after a hiatus and a few things appear to have changed...

D

dlavigne

That Status indicates that a fix has been merged and is ready to be tested so it can go be released in the specified Target Version.

Redcoat

MVP
Sign in to Redmine (the "Bug Tracker") and open 26708. In the masthead of the page you'll have an Edit button - click it and the input form opens.

DaPlumber

Patron
That Status indicates that a fix has been merged and is ready to be tested so it can go be released in the specified Target Version.

That’s exactly the point, this is an urgently needed upstream fix that doesn’t affect anything else, why does it have to wait for 11.2?

DaPlumber

Patron
Sign in to Redmine (the "Bug Tracker") and open 26708. In the masthead of the page you'll have an Edit button - click it and the input form opens.

Urg, had to do the “Lost password” thing, which appeared to be successful. Now Redmine says “invalid user or password”, and I can’t do another “Lost password”. Any ideas on what I screwed up beyond double checking the new password (done)?

Status
Not open for further replies.