FreeNAS Corral: The long road to 10 RELEASE has reached its destination (but heralds new beginning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brando56894

Wizard
Fl2p3HF.jpg

This made me crack up!

Soloam

Contributor
Great News!!!! Any one rolling up to Corral from 9.10.x in production? I have to give it a go!

Daniel Claesson

Dabbler
Wunderfull news. Hats of for an impressive amount of work.

Updating all my test/labb servers right now. A couple of weeks of testing before i roll out the update on the production servers.

Best Regards
Daniel

Soloam

Contributor
What will happen to my jails? will they roll out to FreeNAS Corral?

Neuromancer

Explorer
Gratz, Awesome release!

Drew Heath

Explorer
This is awesome, I can't wait to work with Docker.

I am with Soloam, what does happen to the jails in the upgrade? I understand they are not supported or used, but if I have issues with Docker and want to roll back, how will that work?

J

jkh

UPDATE: Due to the train-switching involved between FreeNAS 10 and FreeNAS Corral, we also had a few folks run into a glitch which we've now fixed. If you find yourself inexplicably on a "Nightlies" train, or immediately after installing FreeNAS Corral you see a problem with not being able to install Docker images, please do this command in the CLI: !freenas-update --r -T FreeNAS-Corral-STABLE update - that should fix you up!

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
@Drew Heath:
You install a bhyve VM with FreeBSD and move your jails into that. After all boot2docker is not that much different. ;) I still want native jails back ...

@iX folks:
OTOH the bhyve hypervisor and the integration into FreeNAS just rocks. Period. I'm currently installing Windows 7 with UEFI boot from a DVD image ... not the slightest problem so far!

Patrick

JayG30

Contributor
Today is actually my birthday. What a great present from the FreeNAS team! :)

Been waiting for this day for what SEEMS like ages. Been telling people all this time that this release is a real game changer for FreeNAS users, devs, BSD fans, and generally blurs the line of what FreeNAS actually is (not just a NAS). I rarely post here but I lurk in the various BSD/zfs/openzfs/illumos communities. When I'd occasionally post about FreeNAS 10 I probably sounded a bit like a shill. But it's because I have the up most respect for the devs and the vision for this product. So glad to see it coming to fruition.

Last edited by a moderator:

jjstecchino

Contributor
Congratulations!!! Hope y'all will be able to take a few days of well deserved rest. It was a long marathon but you did it and FreeNAS Corral looks great!

Last edited by a moderator:

SavageAUS

Patron
Great work and great news, i updated to FreeNAS Corral just now and everything seems to be working as it should.

Sasayaki

Explorer
@Drew Heath:
You install a bhyve VM with FreeBSD and move your jails into that. After all boot2docker is not that much different. ;) I still want native jails back ...

I just upgraded and I'm LOVING the new interface, but... all my jails went away. :(

Is there a simple guide for how to do this? I have a Docker container up and ready to go, and working, but I'm not sure what step to do next. I was only running Plex and Nextcloud; the Plex I'm happy to recreate from scratch since it has no "history" associated with it, but my Nextcloud previous versions... :'(

If I can't make it work, that's okay, but is there a simple way to migrate a Nextcloud jail to Docker without borking the whole thing, bearing in mind I'm kind of clumsy and not that comfortable on the console (but willing to do so if needed)?

HardChargin

Dabbler
Exciting times! Nice work and congrats to all that put their blood, sweat, and tears into this project.

J

jkh

Congrats on the release! I previously discussed with the FreeNAS team on getting some high resolution images of the new logo for our appliances. Is this still a possibility?
You'd have to ask @Jeremy about that - I don't do the marketing side. :)

Corral Blazing Saddles. Sign me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.