UPS - Data for UPS [Eaton5S700i] is stale - check driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Hopefully you can have it returned without costing you any money. Also, maybe you could swap it out for an APC unit, if you desire that is.

Spencer Skinner

Contributor
Hopefully you can have it returned without costing you any money. Also, maybe you could swap it out for an APC unit, if you desire that is.

Yeh ill take a look i think Eaton probably are a genuinely good company i just got the short straw, which isnt good ill admit but ill see what the retailer says, its been less than 30 days so i should get it all done free of charge i think.

Spencer Skinner

Contributor
As a follow-up to this thread.

I managed to RMA the UPS they got the new one sent out it arrived a few days ago, been working like a gem, no errors nothing at all, I set the port to auto in the end because I was lazy and I didn't need to use the MAXAGE parameter in the end either. So it was just a fault USB COM controller causing this issue.

Anyway thank you to everyone who helped diagnose the issue, I appreciate the help allot.

Thanks
Spencer Skinner

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

joeschmuck

Old Man
Thanks for the update. I'm very pleased to hear it was the faulty UPS and not a design issue.

It's crazy but 4 days ago I was thinking of this thread when my APC unit died. I'd had this unit for about 13 years and it was working great. The problem was that it could not sense input voltage was at the proper voltage level so it would go into battery mode and back to online mode over and over again, eventually using up the batteries. I used this UPS on my main computer in my home office, not the FreeNAS system. I just bought new batteries for it too, but those are now fully charged and ready to be used in the next UPS battery replacement. I have several UPS around the house. 13 years I think is a good run for an UPS.

So I purchased a CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD for $116.95 delivered, since the price was too good to pass up. Hopefully this unit lasts 10+ years.

Spencer Skinner

Contributor
Thanks for the update. I'm very pleased to hear it was the faulty UPS and not a design issue.

It's crazy but 4 days ago I was thinking of this thread when my APC unit died. I'd had this unit for about 13 years and it was working great. The problem was that it could not sense input voltage was at the proper voltage level so it would go into battery mode and back to online mode over and over again, eventually using up the batteries. I used this UPS on my main computer in my home office, not the FreeNAS system. I just bought new batteries for it too, but those are now fully charged and ready to be used in the next UPS battery replacement. I have several UPS around the house. 13 years I think is a good run for an UPS.

So I purchased a CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD for $116.95 delivered, since the price was too good to pass up. Hopefully this unit lasts 10+ years.
Ahhh damn that's a shame but then again 13 years of continous use is pretty good going to be honest. And good deal for the new one, you guys get then much cheaper in the US than we do in the UK

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

As a follow-up to this thread.

I managed to RMA the UPS they got the new one sent out it arrived a few days ago, been working like a gem, no errors nothing at all, I set the port to auto in the end because I was lazy and I didn't need to use the MAXAGE parameter in the end either. So it was just a fault USB COM controller causing this issue.
Thanks for following up. I'm in the market for a UPS for my new main FreeNAS box, and an Eaton 5P750R is on my RADAR.

chris crude

Patron

Around a month ago I received all the warning messages: Low batt, nocomm, system shutdown and found my Tripplite OMNIVS1500 defective. I've had I for years so I checked the batteries and they were so swollen they weren't easily removed. Replaced batteries and it worked fine for a few weeks, but started getting messages again so I checked UPS status and it too senses less power than I am measuring at the wall from a multimeter. Looks like I am in the market for a new UPS also.

Status
Not open for further replies.