TrueNAS SCALE 22.12.2 is expected April 11th

neofusion

Contributor

Gcon

Explorer
A smooth upgrade for my homelab: 6 SATA disks with LSI controller passthrough from ESXi.

Flupke

Cadet
Hi all,

Just upgraded to 22.12.2 all went fine
apps started without an issue but now all my apps have updates available so tried to upgrade my apps but i keep getting the following error
Error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 426, in run await self.future File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 461, in __run_body rv = await self.method(*([self] + args)) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1318, in nf return await func(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1186, in nf res = await f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 115, in upgrade await self.upgrade_chart_release(job, release, options) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 265, in upgrade_chart_release config, context = await self.middleware.call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1386, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1335, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 338, in normalise_and_validate_values dict_obj = await self.middleware.call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1386, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1335, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/validation.py", line 53, in validate_values verrors.check() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service_exception.py", line 70, in check raise self middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] values.scaleGPU: Not a list
Filip

Nodefield

Cadet
Four systems upgraded to 22.12.2 - no immediate issues.

Hardware: 2x HPE ProLiant Gen8, 1x HPE ProLiant Gen9, 1x Proxmox Virtualized (kvm)

First impressions:
- iLO4 IPMI still not detected (UI)
- kernel_extra_options "intel_iommu=off intremap=off" is still needed on ProLiant gen8 hardware (prevents periodic reboots)

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Ah, so only available for an upgrade because I do not see it on the download page. I'll have to wait until I get home to play.

It will get to "download page", but its actually preferable that new users download a proven version and then update to the latest. Then a rollback is possible.

systract

Dabbler
very smooth upgrade, no issue so far.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Just upgraded, so far so good.

Hi all,

Just upgraded to 22.12.2 all went fine
apps started without an issue but now all my apps have updates available so tried to upgrade my apps but i keep getting the following error
Error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 426, in run await self.future File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 461, in __run_body rv = await self.method(*([self] + args)) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1318, in nf return await func(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1186, in nf res = await f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 115, in upgrade await self.upgrade_chart_release(job, release, options) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 265, in upgrade_chart_release config, context = await self.middleware.call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1386, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1335, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 338, in normalise_and_validate_values dict_obj = await self.middleware.call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1386, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1335, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/validation.py", line 53, in validate_values verrors.check() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service_exception.py", line 70, in check raise self middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] values.scaleGPU: Not a list
Filip
I seem to be in the same boat.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I seem to be in the same boat.
Worth starting a new thread to focus on this issue.
Please list the Apps and origin that have the issue.
Does a reboot solve the issue (not that that is acceptable, but just useful to know)?
Please post a link to the new thread.

Worth starting a new thread to focus on this issue.
Please list the Apps and origin that have the issue.
Does a reboot solve the issue (not that that is acceptable, but just useful to know)?
Please post a link to the new thread.
Just noticed this is all on Truecharts-stable apps and not a problem with Official-Charts apps. I'll hold off to see if the issue resolves itself in the next few days or so. For now, all official apps are working flawlessly.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Just noticed this is all on Truecharts-stable apps and not a problem with Official-Charts apps. I'll hold off to see if the issue resolves itself in the next few days or so. For now, all official apps are working flawlessly.
thanks.. its still not good that TrueCharts Apps are having issues.. I assume its OK if people don't update?

thanks.. its still not good that TrueCharts Apps are having issues.. I assume its OK if people don't update?
Just gave a double check to see they are running fine as is currently on the previous versions. At least on the apps that I have running. (Some Arr apps, qbit, and MC Java Server)

SnakeoilOS

Cadet
One of my NAS is still on 12.1 and it has the same issue. This bug is restricted to TrueCharts and nothing to do with Scale itself.

truecharts

Guru

Please check out our news section, this is intended part of our huge App rewrite and will not "magically" fix itself.
It's important to note that we do not offer support here, nor frequently check this forum.

If you need any help with TrueCharts please check our website first and ask on discord second :)

truecharts

Guru

We're not having issues, generally speaking.
We've released our new breaking change of Apps, more info for which is available on the website.

truecharts

Guru
One of my NAS is still on 12.1 and it has the same issue. This bug is restricted to TrueCharts and nothing to do with Scale itself.
It's not a bug.
See the explaination on the website :)

FYI - I can no longer do a 'Launch Docker Image'.

I get the 'Please wait' dialog forever.
I can install applications, edit applications, delete applications, etc. Just not launch a docker image.