[EINVAL] values.scaleGPU: Not a list issue

Flupke

Cadet
Hi all,
YEsterday i upgraded truenas scale to the latest version, all went fine no issue. But now my apps are showing update available and as soon as i do an upgrade i have following error
Error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 426, in run await self.future File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 461, in __run_body rv = await self.method(*([self] + args)) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1318, in nf return await func(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1186, in nf res = await f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 115, in upgrade await self.upgrade_chart_release(job, release, options) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 265, in upgrade_chart_release config, context = await self.middleware.call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1386, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1335, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 338, in normalise_and_validate_values dict_obj = await self.middleware.call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1386, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1335, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/validation.py", line 53, in validate_values verrors.check() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service_exception.py", line 70, in check raise self middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] values.scaleGPU: Not a list

This is on all Trueshart stable repo there is for the moment no way to upgrade to the latest version
And i have a fair amount of apps running where if i need to recreate all off them i will loose lots of data
Does anybody else havethe same issue?
IS there a solution besides recreating everything again?

REgards
Filip

truecharts

Guru
If you need any help with TrueCharts, be sure to ask our support staff on discord directly.
We sadly enough do not have the capacity to also offer support here.

truecharts

Guru
Same issue here this morning.

As explained before, updating is not possible.
Please follow the news announcements and be sure to ask TrueCharts related questions to our staff.

We've no staff available on this third-party forum to help you out.

dhaude

Dabbler
Same problem on my side - any hint what to do?

Mathew

Dabbler
I do not have access to discord so I will be unable to read any resolutions posted on there.

truecharts

Guru
I do not have access to discord so I will be unable to read any resolutions posted on there.

There is no resolutions being posted. But if you want to follow our community discussions, thats where you need to go...

Mathew

Dabbler
So if I'm understanding no resolution = no more support, the apps are now dead?

truecharts

Guru
So if I'm understanding no resolution = no more support, the apps are now dead?

All Apps need to be reinstalled, as stated in the news announcements on our website.
This error is intended, because update is not possible withour reinstall.

Please check the website and discord for more information and/or assistance.

Simuman

Cadet
Hi all,
YEsterday i upgraded truenas scale to the latest version, all went fine no issue. But now my apps are showing update available and as soon as i do an upgrade i have following error
Error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 426, in run await self.future File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 461, in __run_body rv = await self.method(*([self] + args)) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1318, in nf return await func(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1186, in nf res = await f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 115, in upgrade await self.upgrade_chart_release(job, release, options) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 265, in upgrade_chart_release config, context = await self.middleware.call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1386, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1335, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 338, in normalise_and_validate_values dict_obj = await self.middleware.call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1386, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1335, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/validation.py", line 53, in validate_values verrors.check() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service_exception.py", line 70, in check raise self middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] values.scaleGPU: Not a list

This is on all Trueshart stable repo there is for the moment no way to upgrade to the latest version
And i have a fair amount of apps running where if i need to recreate all off them i will loose lots of data
Does anybody else havethe same issue?
IS there a solution besides recreating everything again?

REgards
Filip
Also in the same boat, multiple apps all needing update but unable to due error. Please don't advise to reinstall as cannot remember all install settings for the apps running as mostly were with settings found through researching months ago.

PyCoder

Dabbler
I've had the same issue and did what truecharts said.

So I deleted tailscale and reinstalled it and now nothing is working.

Code:
boot: 2023/04/13 15:42:00 Error reading kube namespace: open /var/run/secrets/kubernetes.io/serviceaccount/namespace: no such file or directory

danb35

Hall of Famer
I knew it was a questionable idea to use TrueNAS as my virtualization host. Too many breaking changes
Just to be clear, this issue has nothing to do with TrueNAS, nor anything to do with virtualization. It's entirely a matter of how TrueCharts, a completely independent entity with no connection to iX, has chosen to do things. I don't understand all the underlying issues, so I'm not saying whether this is a good or a bad choice, but the choice is with TrueCharts, not with TrueNAS or its creators.

Astrodonkey

Explorer
Just to be clear, this issue has nothing to do with TrueNAS, nor anything to do with virtualization. It's entirely a matter of how TrueCharts, a completely independent entity with no connection to iX, has chosen to do things. I don't understand all the underlying issues, so I'm not saying whether this is a good or a bad choice, but the choice is with TrueCharts, not with TrueNAS or its creators.
Understood. But, many of the packaged apps are not (yet?) supported officially so I went this route. In any case, it turns out to have been a bad decision for me.

danb35

Hall of Famer
All Apps need to be reinstalled, as stated in the news announcements on our website.
Here's the problem: that isn't stated. At most, it's hinted at. What's stated is:
So while we're sorry for the inconvenience, users will likely have to reinstall many of their Apps this month.
. . .
While some Apps/Charts might update without issue, many will not.

In those cases, the only solution is to reinstall.
(from the post about the Enterprise apps).

And:
This means that users may need to reinstall certain apps, and some settings such as replicas and securityContext will be reset.
. . .
  • Users might have to reinstall certain apps
(from the preceding post)

I don't see anywhere on that page--and I just checked to see if I missed something--where there's a blanket statement that all apps will need to be reinstalled. Nor do I see guidance on how to deal with apps that use Postgres databases (whichever ones those are). I understand that this migration involves a great deal of effort, but I think this is a place where communication could have been clearer.

ctbalk

Dabbler
Yeah, I've had these break after TrueNAS updates or not updating for whatever reason in the past. I ended up spinning up an Ubuntu VM on the TrueNAS, installing Docker, and running Portainer. It's a slightly steeper learning curve but a more solid experience. My only issue has been getting some containers (sonarr) to recognize the TrueNAS dataset which I have mounted in portainer, and on the Ubuntu VM, tried both, neither work. So, I have a few containers still running on TrueNAS.

Rudi Pittman

Contributor
This error is intended, because update is not possible withour reinstall.

Please check the website and discord for more information and/or assistance.

People should take the opportunity to launch their own apps via the docker button if they have to reinstall. Truecharts has broken multiple times in the past for no reason. This is just another example.

Mount a folder from your nas into your truecharts container then shell into your container...you can copy the /config to the folder under the app name to be reloaded once you redefine the app. look at the docker compose or docker cli setup to see what folders like /data etc exist and copy those too if applicable. I created a folder named apps and within it I put the name of each app. Inside each folder I have the config folder as well as other needed ones such as data, logs etc. Having this info saved means it's pretty painless to delete and re-setup a new container and point to the old info. Yeah it's painful but if you switch away from the truechart versions this will be the last time you have to do it. This happened when they deprecated the "node" portmap option and didn't bother to map it to the "load balancer" option which also supported the SAME host to container port mapping. Instead all apps got an error message on upgrade. Wow dejavu.

Last edited:
i am having the same problem since the last update home assistant just wont update saying ([EINVAL] values.scaleGPU: Not a list) and cannot simply reinstall. any suggestions?