[EINVAL] values.scaleGPU: Not a list issue

radomirpolach

Explorer
You lost me here. Where can one find this mature communication?

You mean your Discord server where bullies run rampant? Where you mock and ban even paying supporters for asking legitimate questions or making suggestions?
That's just crazy talk. This whole issue is crazy.

radomirpolach

Explorer
What I did: I excavated latest compatible nextcloud chart app from git repository of TrueCharts catalog.

It is 19.0.51. Put it on my TrueNAS, upgraded to it. Then I hacked version.php in nextcloud fpm container to be on the same Nextcloud version. Then I manually upgraded then Nextcloud app to 27.0.1. Then I hacked version.php again to be compatible.

I am now on 27.0.1 Nextcloud within 25.0.2 nextcloud-fpm container.

Everything is peachy, even collabora works for me.

Fuck this.

I am thinking if there was a few members who would be willing to pay some fee, I could possible maintain a STABLE Nextcloud app with actual support. I had to reinstall Nextcloud like 6 times in two years and I am going nuts.

Last edited:

FrostyCat

Explorer
What I did: I excavated latest compatible nextcloud chart app from git repository of TrueCharts catalog.

It is 19.0.51. Put it on my TrueNAS, upgraded to it. Then I hacked version.php in nextcloud fpm container to be on the same Nextcloud version. Then I manually upgraded then Nextcloud app to 27.0.1. Then I hacked version.php again to be compatible.

I am now on 27.0.1 Nextcloud within 25.0.2 nextcloud-fpm container.

Everything is peachy, even collabora works for me.

Fuck this.

I am thinking if there was a few members who would be willing to pay some fee, I could possible maintain a STABLE Nextcloud app with actual support. I had to reinstall Nextcloud like 6 times in two years and I am going nuts.
If you are not afraid to do a few things by hand, Nextcloud has its own Helm chart. I do not use Nextcloud myself so no idea how well it works, but it should not be difficult to get going.

You won't be able to update from the UI but you're already past that stage anyway :)

truecharts

Guru
In regards to the previously requested clarification of project scope, we've gone ahead and published some project-scope documentation:

In regards to "actual support":
We agree that our current support should not be confused with "actual support", when we think our project is ready for professional use we'll ofcourse also start releasing some "actual support" options. That do not resolve around a discord server, obviously.

mexe

Cadet
More likely than not iX signaled that they planned to expand first-party community charts. All of these breaking changes coming from TC are from their own expansion of "enterprise" charts, including moving things out of free trains. I've had experience with that TC community, the snark in here is only the beginning of that unpleasantness.

In fairness this project is not meant to be taken seriously for production, it's on you, as is the standard pain of dealing with free software, to deal with when you have a situation of 20 TC containers. It's "community" for a reason, and SCALE itself comes with no guarantees and is rather new.

I suppose this is sort of the shrinking and pivoting to a new role as a true third-party that was inevitable for TC. It's almost always recommended to people when running containers on truenas, and a third party holding that position was not going to be comfortable for long.

Good riddance, hopefully by the end of this year there will not be a need for most people to even have that catalog.
The release and packaging for TrueNAS community charts have been aggressive, I encourage everyone to check out the catalog if you haven't lately. I'm proud to have mostly migrated away from TrueCharts, I have more than double the number of containers I did when I made this reply in April and even then, presently only 30% of them are TC. Down from nearly 100%.

danb35

Hall of Famer

LarsR

Guru
@mexe you know that most of the community apps are maintained by one of the truecharts folks right?

mexe

Cadet
@mexe you know that most of the community apps are maintained by one of the truecharts folks right?
Nope! They're not. They have some contributions yes, but you're misusing the term "maintained" here. There's one guy whose name I forgot but his profile picture has his creepy eyes, he's a TC guy but does work for iX (according to TrueNas official discord), you may be confused there.

mexe

Cadet
Do they yet handle Ingress?
No. You can set up your own anyway, but you're right it's not handled. First party charts are still new, and ingress I imagine, next to VPN are features sorely needed that TC has.

thewickedjon

Cadet
I got here searching this error i got after upgrading truenas

Error: [EINVAL] values.scaleGPU: Not a list
close

but this forum post is 4 pages long,

- Applications wont launch,

- i've deleted all of them and tried re-installing a few, sometimes they install, but they just won't launch.

- i've replaced the gpu (from quadro k600 to quadro p600 and back again) thinking it was a faulty gpu??

Can someone give me a quick/short answer, what broke and what do I need to do to get my truenas apps working again?

Thanks!

LarsR

Guru
it has nothing to do with a faulty gpu, Truecharts made a big overhaul of their apps codebase.
You basically have to reinstall your apps. If it's an app with a database you have to install their new operators and can do a migration.
Or you have to start from scratch.

See:
https://truecharts.org/manual/SCALE/guides/getting-started#minimal-getting-started-setup-with-scale new basic setup guide for the new operators.
https://truecharts.org/manual/SCALE/guides/cnpg-migration-guide/ migration guide