TrueNAS SCALE 22.12.2 is expected April 11th

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
There's been a lot of work being put into SCALE 22.12.2. Nearly all of the 155 issues are now completed and we are now putting it through a 2 week QA process to improve quality. Delivery on April 11 is the new schedule.

For those who want to scour the bug/feature list, it is here:

If anyone absolutely needs a preview version, please indicate why in this thread... or send me a Message.

anto294

Dabbler
Hello,
Has the problem with the nvidia drivers been resolved?

If yes, I would like the preview version

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Hello,
Has the problem with the nvidia drivers been resolved?

If yes, I would like the preview version
I don't think so... same Nvidia driver.
Will be updated with the next major release, Cobia.

anto294

Dabbler
according to this thread, this issue has been fixed in this version.
also on jira it seems fixed.

Can I try the preview?
certainly in a separate environment

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
according to this thread, this issue has been fixed in this version.
also on jira it seems fixed.

Can I try the preview?
certainly in a separate environment
There were multiple different NVIDIA-related issues referenced in the linked thread; can you be more specific about the exact problem you are referring to? The GPU being claimed by vfio-pci and unintentionally isolated should be resolved.

anto294

Dabbler
[…] truenas systemd-modules-load[2523]: Failed to find module 'nvidia-drm' […]

Same of this thread

I have a Quadro P400 on Ryzen 5 5600x, b550 & 32gb ECC

No problems with 22.02.04

Louis2

Contributor
I do NOT manage to get Rsync AND Replication between my TrueNas core (source) and my TrueNas scale system (destination) working via SSH :oops:
Also to be noted the the Rsync Task Menu is very strange IMHO. Left column Source, Right column Remote, where you would expect Local left and Remote right.
Note that I am using vlan's

Whatever are there fixes in this regard in the upcoming version!!?

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I do NOT manage to get Rsync AND Replication between my TrueNas core (source) and my TrueNas scale system (destination) working via SSH :oops:
Also to be noted the the Rsync Task Menu is very strange IMHO. Left column Source, Right column Remote, where you would expect Local left and Remote right.
Note that I am using vlan's

Whatever are there fixes in this regard in the upcoming version!!?
There might be.... you'd have to look through the issue navigator link I posted.

Testing with the updated software is the best indicator.. please start a thread if the issue continues.

Louis2

Contributor
I did walk along the list and noted the following issues which are or might be related.

Replication tasks cannot be edited:
Replication Tasks between two TruenNAS SCALE 22.12: Destination part requires mandatory root user to initiate replication
unable to setup SSH over Rsync
New SSH service field: `adminlogin`

And perhaps:
Small network interface bugfixes
Cloud Sync Task to Google Drive fails 50% of the time
Static routes added through WebUI are not reflected in kernel

One thing is fore sure, despite lots of effort I did not yet manage to get Rsync or Replication tasks running between my scale (destination) and my core (source) system. I did a couple of posts related to that in the past two weeks.

Things to note here are:
- a message ^[EFAULT] Network activity "Replication" is disabled^
- It would help to analyze the source of the problems if more debug was available. Actually debug log is empty. Some time there are python messages, which do not help me.

If the beta build, is guaranteed not to destroy my data / the main risk is only that something is not working, I am happy to test the beta. I mean one ting is for sure ... I do have issues with the actual version (for unknown reasons)

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I did walk along the list and noted the following issues which are or might be related.

Replication tasks cannot be edited:
Replication Tasks between two TruenNAS SCALE 22.12: Destination part requires mandatory root user to initiate replication
unable to setup SSH over Rsync
New SSH service field: `adminlogin`

And perhaps:
Small network interface bugfixes
Cloud Sync Task to Google Drive fails 50% of the time
Static routes added through WebUI are not reflected in kernel

One thing is fore sure, despite lots of effort I did not yet manage to get Rsync or Replication tasks running between my scale (destination) and my core (source) system. I did a couple of posts related to that in the past two weeks.

Things to note here are:
- a message ^[EFAULT] Network activity "Replication" is disabled^
- It would help to analyze the source of the problems if more debug was available. Actually debug log is empty. Some time there are python messages, which do not help me.

If the beta build, is guaranteed not to destroy my data / the main risk is only that something is not working, I am happy to test the beta. I mean one ting is for sure ... I do have issues with the actual version (for unknown reasons)
Can you "report-a-bug" with specifics and indicate willingness to test the SCALE Bluefin nightly. DM me the NAS-ticket and I'll check for you.
Nightlies are a little more awkware for updates..... as you are probably aware.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Glad the next version is coming out.

Hey,
Can I try the preview?

I'd like to test the cron/not a string error that I'm getting in the frigate chart config.

Thanks

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Hey,
Can I try the preview?

I'd like to test the cron/not a string error that I'm getting in the frigate chart config.

Thanks
It's probably too late now... the release is frozen. You'll have the real version next Tuesday.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Still on track for a release today?

mgoulet65

Explorer

joeschmuck

Old Man
Ah, so only available for an upgrade because I do not see it on the download page. I'll have to wait until I get home to play.