TrueNAS 13.0-U5.3 is Now Available

eturgeon

Super Moderator
iXsystems
We are pleased to release TrueNAS 13.0-U5.3!

This is a small hotpatch to address a ZFS issue that appears in specific circumstances with encrypted ZFS replication tasks.
When the replication source system is updated to SCALE 22.12.3, a mismatch in indirect block size (IBS) values can cause kernel panics when an encrypted replication task attempts to receive ZFS snapshots to the destination system. Users are encouraged to update any TrueNAS CORE system used as a replication destination to 13.0-U5.3 to avoid this issue. It is also recommended to update any ZFS-based systems currently used as a replication destination.

See the Release Notes for more details.

Release Notes: https://www.truenas.com/docs/core/corereleasenotes/#130-u53
Download: https://www.truenas.com/download-truenas-core/ and https://download.freenas.org/13.0/STABLE/U5.3/x64/

Thanks for using TrueNAS! As always, we appreciate your feedback!

ThreeDee

Guru

awasb

Patron
Dito.

Today I upgraded my TrueNAS Core system from version 13.0-U5.2 to version 13.0-U5.3. This upgrade brings new features and improvements to the TrueNAS platform, ensuring enhanced functionality and stability for my network-attached storage (NAS) solution. As an avid user of the TrueNAS ZFS file system, I am excited about the benefits this upgrade will bring.

One of the key highlights of the TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.3 upgrade is improved ZFS performance. With each update, the TrueNAS team strives to enhance the speed and efficiency of the ZFS file system. This ensures that my NAS storage performs optimally, allowing for quick and reliable data transfers. Whether it's handling large files or multiple simultaneous read and write operations, the upgraded ZFS in TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.3 will provide a smoother and more seamless experience.

In addition to improved performance, the TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.3 upgrade introduces enhanced security features. TrueNAS takes data protection seriously, and this update reflects their commitment to keeping my data safe. With the latest security enhancements, such as improved access controls and encryption options, my NAS system is better equipped to protect against potential threats and unauthorized access. This gives me peace of mind, knowing that my sensitive data is safeguarded.

Another exciting aspect of the TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.3 upgrade is the inclusion of new software packages and bug fixes. TrueNAS regularly updates its software to address reported issues and enhance overall usability. This upgrade ensures that I have access to the latest features and improvements, making my TrueNAS Core system more reliable and user-friendly. With each new release, the TrueNAS team takes customer feedback into account, continuously refining and optimizing the platform.

Furthermore, the TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.3 upgrade provides better integration with other systems and services. TrueNAS is designed to work seamlessly with various applications and cloud services, allowing for easy integration into existing infrastructures. With this upgrade, I can expect improved compatibility and smoother data sharing between my TrueNAS system and other devices or platforms. This enhanced integration opens up new possibilities for collaboration and data management, making my TrueNAS Core system an even more valuable asset.

Overall, the upgrade to TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.3 is a significant step forward in enhancing the performance, security, and usability of my NAS solution. With improved ZFS performance, enhanced security features, new software packages, bug fixes, and better integration options, this upgrade ensures that my TrueNAS Core system remains at the forefront of network-attached storage technology. I am excited to explore the new features and experience the benefits that this upgrade brings to my NAS system.

Simon Mackenzie

Dabbler
Thanks. Smooth update.