Contributor
ok... so this is my jails... are build on
12.1-RELEASE-p13 and
12.2-RELEASE-p4, mostly... I have one

Plex îs the one running on 12.1...

Unify as mentioned is already on 7.x and it's on 12.2

How do I not upgrade the ZFS pool.

G
You upgrade your ZFS pool when you're very sure that you're no longer going back to previous version, other than that you're free to upgrade.

georgelza

Patron
Let me ask as such, where do i go to upgrade ZFS pool, so that I know not to go there for now.

G

georgelza

Patron
Using CLI : zpool upgrade or WEBGUI : goto Storage > Pool > Pool Actions > Upgrade Pool
ok, well I'm def not going to do that by accident ;)
assume we do the 13.0U2... and lave it for a week/2/4 and if all good then we can consider the ZFS upgrade down he line.
Will pickoff the TrueNAS Core OS shortly.

quickly did some jail OS upgrades, the
12.2's are now p15, the
12.1 is stuck.

G

msbxa

Contributor
ok, well I'm def not going to do that by accident ;)
assume we do the 13.0U2... and lave it for a week/2/4 and if all good then we can consider the ZFS upgrade down he line.
Will pickoff the TrueNAS Core OS shortly.

quickly did some jail OS upgrades, the
12.2's are now p15, the
12.1 is stuck.

G
Some will be upgraded and some will not. In my side I have one plugins still it's in 12.2-RELEASE-p15 and another one in
13.1-RELEASE.

georgelza

Patron
Hit the download upgrade button... guess I have to wait for the web interface to come back... thinking I might have to go plug a screen and keyboard in and see what's happening... how long before I strat getting nervous and panic ? :tongue:
G

georgelza

Patron
SHE's ALIVE.... :)
Running 13.0U2...
Think will leave this for week/2 and then think about the migration to Scale.
G

msbxa

Contributor
Hit the download upgrade button... guess I have to wait for the web interface to come back... thinking I might have to go plug a screen and keyboard in and see what's happening... how long before I strat getting nervous and panic ? :tongue:
G
Just don't rush to switch back gathers as much info before doing that. Good luck

msbxa

Contributor
SHE's ALIVE.... :)
Running 13.0U2...
Think will leave this for week/2 and then think about the migration to Scale.
G
I already did a migration from TrueNAS-13.0.U1 to TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.2 and now I am on TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.3 but on my test trying gathering as much knowledge as i can. Mostly you will need to reinstall all your plugins or jails (backup all configs) before migrating.
Note: Migrating TrueNAS from CORE to SCALE is a one-way operation.

georgelza

Patron
I already did a migration from TrueNAS-13.0.U1 to TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.2 and now I am on TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.3 but on my test trying gathering as much knowledge as i can. Mostly you will need to reinstall all your plugins or jails (backup all configs) before migrating.
Note: Migrating TrueNAS from CORE to SCALE is a one-way operation.
I'd like to do this migration to get access to the Docker environment.
My critical apps are:
Plex - this one got me worried... wondering if the watch list is maintained on disk, ie when the container starts up if it will rediscover all the media and what was watched... hmmm, not sure what settings backup/export functionality Plex has though.
Unify Controller - easy peasy doing a export/backup of the config, and was running this previously as a container on Synology... so know the docker container is there, even if it is not shown as a TrueNAS Scale available app.
qbittorrent - use this to often not to have it
<generic OS with a network speed test app contained> - can build a container myself for this, or just do a dockerfile.

Anyone aware of qbittorent is available as a container.
How difficult is it to install a none "support" application/container.

G

georgelza

Patron
PS: 13.0U2 is def allot more snappy via the web interface... if anyone is wanting to know.
G

msbxa

Contributor
I'd like to do this migration to get access to the Docker environment.
My critical apps are:
Plex - this one got me worried... wondering if the watch list is maintained on disk, ie when the container starts up if it will rediscover all the media and what was watched... hmmm, not sure what settings backup/export functionality Plex has though.
Unify Controller - easy peasy doing a export/backup of the config, and was running this previously as a container on Synology... so know the docker container is there, even if it is not shown as a TrueNAS Scale available app.
qbittorrent - use this to often not to have it
<generic OS with a network speed test app contained> - can build a container myself for this, or just do a dockerfile.

Anyone aware of qbittorent is available as a container.
How difficult is it to install a none "support" application/container.

G
Yes its there as qbittorent 4.4.5_1.0.8 but I never install it. Also i never tried to install any none supported apps yet.

georgelza

Patron
Yes its there as qbittorent 4.4.5_1.0.8 but I never install it. Also i never tried to install any none supported apps yet.
can you point me to where you saw the avail of qbittorrent, looks like you looking at a better list/link than me.
Well can't imagine my 3 primary apps not being on there...

Anyone else comment, how difficult is it to install a generic self build container... as that's one of the awesome potential use cases for the docker environment.
G

msbxa

Contributor
can you point me to where you saw the avail of qbittorrent, looks like you looking at a better list/link than me.
Well can't imagine my 3 primary apps not being on there...

Anyone else comment, how difficult is it to install a generic self build container... as that's one of the awesome potential use cases for the docker environment.
G

You need to add these: (charts, dependency, incubator, stable) into Manage catalogs and you will see 2 of qbittorrent one officials charts and another one Truecharts stable.

georgelza

Patron
remember I don't have scale yet... so can't add anything anywhere to see what's available.

I understood the above link to be where projects/containers are listed if available, I would have thought as we have like for Core, an official set of apps and a community set of apps we'd have the same for Scale, an official set of containers and then maybe as per above incubator, community etc, other channels, which list the containers falling in those "streams"

Is there a listing like this somewhere ?

G

msbxa

Contributor
remember I don't have scale yet... so can't add anything anywhere to see what's available.

I understood the above link to be where projects/containers are listed if available, I would have thought as we have like for Core, an official set of apps and a community set of apps we'd have the same for Scale, an official set of containers and then maybe as per above incubator, community etc, other channels, which list the containers falling in those "streams"

Is there a listing like this somewhere ?

G

georgelza

Patron
Just asking, I assume TrueCharts is for Core and for Scale (based on the name, it's just True.... )... I don't see a option to filter that list to Scale compatible charts only.

Or are these Charts Scale only

G

msbxa

Contributor
Just asking, I assume TrueCharts is for Core and for Scale (based on the name, it's just True.... )... I don't see a option to filter that list to Scale compatible charts only.

Or are these Charts Scale only

G
Only for SCALE

georgelza

Patron
Thanks