Transmission start error after upgrade from 2.84_2 to 2.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoodooFX

Dabbler
Ok, so I've updated my Transmission 2.84_2 to the latest version (2.92), because I like keeping things current.

After the update completed, first thing I noticed that the Transmission entry disappeared from Plugins menu.
Going to Plugins/Installed still had Transmission listed, but when trying to start it, it displays the following message:
freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:631] An error occurred while unserializing from http://192.168.0.125/plugins/transmission/1/_s/treemenu: No JSON object could be decoded

If I enter this link into the web browser i get this:

Code:
Environment:
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://192.168.0.125/plugins/transmission/1/_s/treemenu
Django Version: 1.6.6
Python Version: 2.7.9
Installed Applications:
('django.contrib.contenttypes',
'django.contrib.staticfiles',
'transmissionUI.freenas',
'south')
Installed Middleware:
('django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',)
Traceback:
File "/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response
  112.					 response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
File "/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/transmissionUI/freenas/views.py" in treemenu
  321.	 transmission_secret) = utils.get_transmission_oauth_creds()
File "/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/transmissionUI/freenas/utils.py" in get_transmission_oauth_creds
  26.	 f = open(transmission_oauth_file)
Exception Type: IOError at /plugins/transmission/1/_s/treemenu
Exception Value: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/.oauth'

So among other things, it seems I'm missing .oauth file, what had happen to it, no idea.

The thing is I can start the Transmission from Jail manually just fine, so I guess it must be something on FreeNAS GUI that doesn't quite work.
After the update, I've additionally installed syncthing plugin, which fails to start through GUI as well, but this one doesn't show any error.
Again starting it manually from Jail works OK.

Any ideas what went wrong?

Edit: runing FreeNAS-9.10.1 (d989edd)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Once thing that always helps for me if to disable VIMAGE and assign an actual interface to my plugin jails.

VoodooFX

Dabbler
Well, I tried disabling VIMAGE already, but the checkbox wouldn't budge. So I've simply deleted Transmission from plugins and performed a fresh install, copied back all the data and everything is fine and dandy again... until next plugin update I guess :)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Well, I tried disabling VIMAGE already, but the checkbox wouldn't budge. So I've simply deleted Transmission from plugins and performed a fresh install, copied back all the data and everything is fine and dandy again... until next plugin update I guess :)
nice. yeah, I think it won't change if you have DHCP possibly or some other cases

Status
Not open for further replies.