Running Grafana in a Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naesstrom

Contributor
Hi folks!

I've tried installing grafana in a jail to move it from my raspi. I used pkg install grafana4 to installed it, checked the config located at /usr/local/etc/grafana.conf and my install is at /usr/local/bin. When I try to start it I just keep getting this;
Code:
root@Grafana:/usr/local/bin # grafana-server
Grafana-server Init Failed: Could not find config defaults, make sure homepath command line parameter is set or working directory is homepath

I've tried googling it but havn't found anything how to set the homepath using grafana-cli. Anyone have some suggestions what to try next?

Nick2253

Wizard
You can try using the --config flag for launching the program and see if that fixes it. I want to say that grafana expects a grafana.ini file, but that could just be me misremembering.

Naesstrom

Contributor
You can try using the --config flag for launching the program and see if that fixes it. I want to say that grafana expects a grafana.ini file, but that could just be me misremembering.

Thanks, I've kept on looking now and found the ini in /usr/local/share/grafana/conf and also folders for data and public in the same spot. The config looks right but still getting errors when I try to set the homepath there:
Code:
root@Grafana:/usr/local/bin # grafana-server -homepath /local/share/grafana
Grafana-server Init Failed: Could not find config defaults, make sure homepath command line parameter is set or working directory is homepath

Giving it a empty -homepath command give me the help and it should work with the above command:
Code:
root@Grafana:/usr/local/bin # grafana-server -homepath
flag needs an argument: -homepath
Usage of grafana-server:
  -config string
		path to config file
  -homepath string
		path to grafana install/home path, defaults to working directory
  -pidfile string
		path to pid file
		Turn on pprof profiling
  -profile-port int
		Define custom port for profiling (default 6060)
  -v	prints current version and exits

Status
Not open for further replies.