I shut down my TrueNAS machine for a day and now it won't boot. Video included.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I have no partitions visible on both boot SSDs according to Minitool Partition Wizard so I don't know how else to get the configuration file.
You did not read or maybe understand the thread. The configuration file is saved on your pool.

Sonicmixmaster

Dabbler
You did not read or maybe understand the thread. The configuration file is saved on your pool.
That is very interesting. Yes, I did not read the link you sent because I saw no partitions on my boot drives. When I get back home I will definitely look into that now that I know the configuration is saved on the pool drives. This is valuable info you just told me! Thank you. When I recover the configuration file and apply it to my newly installed single SSD Core installation, am I able to at that time somehow put back my 2 Kingston drives and mirror the single SSD install onto them?

Sonicmixmaster

Dabbler
So I returned from my trip. First thing I did was restore the 2 pools to original state using a new single SSD and now everything is running 99% back to the way it was. The only thing I haven't configured yet is my battery backup to shut down the system if it enters a power failure and is on low battery level condition. I checked my original boot drives again on another different computer and they show as unallocated which is still unbelievable to me. TrueNas appears to be an excellent software for a DIY file server according to YouTube and the web in general. I still would like to know how a simple shutdown will make 2 mirrored drives disappear. If anyone has seen this before or something similar let me know so I won't make the same mistake again. Maybe mirroring is a weak point in the software? I have no clue. I will give this thread some time, see if anyone chimes in with anything interesting and then decide if I should mirror the boot drives again. At least now I have an idea what it takes to recover TrueNas if the system decides to self destruct again.